Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Friday, June 20, 2014

January 13, 2014 ~ One of my favorite experiences of the week.

Good morning fam!!  How's everything going in AriZion? I'm on a little earlier this morning, don't worry we have approval, because we have our zone p-day today.  We're doing Parker Olympics, we created "Parker Nation" t-shirts last week and Prezzy and the assistants are coming down for a little 3 on 3 pre-olympic show.  I haven't played ball in about 2 months so I'm pretty excited to see if the whole muscles memory thing will come through again!  This week was a good one.  Lots of weird random things but good nonetheless.

Bez, the lady who I broke the fence last week, called a couple days ago.  She is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool.  We are going back Wednesday afternoon to take measurements and fix the fence.  As I was explaining to her who I was and what happened she was just laughing and laughing, thought it was the funniest things so first I'm grateful for that and second, I feel like there might be potential with her that she'll take up our invitations.  We are in a trio right now and will be for the rest of the transfer, which will end on Feb 3rd.  Elder Cromwell, myself, and Elder Anani has joined us.  Haha he's fresh off the boat from Samoa and one of my good good friends out here. Some times it's trouble because we'll get the giggles and much like you mother, it's a chore and a half to stop.  His companion was struggling a lot and after 3 weeks of trying our best, he was sent to Arapahoe.  We did a lot of finding this week through tracting and trying to pass out as many Books of Mormons as we could with the commitment to read and have us follow up.  There was a couple families who already had a Book of Mormon, which I thought was sweet, the seed's been planted!  

We were able to talk to a lot of interesting people. Most people out here are fairly wealthy, very respectful, and very involved in their own church.  Then you get a few who are just angry angry angry.  There was an older gentlemen who came through the door with his chest out, scowl, and an intense "NOT INTERESTED", every letter sounded out with his mouth.  We then told him we're here offering service because we're representing Christ, doing as he would do, and said it with a huge smile on our faces.  As we talked it was cool, his face loosened up and a half smile came on his face, and he said "you know what?  I respect you guys but I can't be interested, circumstances won't allow."  He said that and gave us a "respect" nod and went back inside.  That was one of my favorite experiences of the week because we literally sat there and watched a little piece of a hardened heart chipped away and his countenance softened.  It's awesome what the Spirit can do to people!

I'm grateful for this time I have to be a missionary.  Really PT Cruiser's and my job are really simple.  We are called to testify of Christ and invite others to come closer to Him.  Moses 7:62  62  ‘And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem’.  We have the opportunity to live in such a way that God can bless us with more of the Spirit to accomplish the work.  We had another sweet experience where we arrived at the only condo complex in our ward and when we got out of a car, another car pulled in.  We were heading to an appointment but felt like we should wait a second and talk to this lady.  She get's out of the car and we introduce ourselves and as we began to testify of the message we have she said she was a member.  Her name was Trish, she's the daughter of a less active who we haven't been able to get in contact with.  She invites us in and we could tell she was very distressed, hurting a lot inside.  She asked us for a blessing.  We sang a hymn before, said a prayer, then gave her a blessing.  They were very touched by it.  It was a wonderful experience by the end of the encounter because she was laughing and smiling and we were able to be used to bless the life of Trish and her mom Pam, through the priesthood.
 Alright fam I hope you have a tremendous week.  Seek out the Spirit's promptings and act on them, keep being tremendous examples and covenant keepers!  I love you all a ton. Let me know if I can help out in any way with anybody back home.  Love ya!
Elder Traasdahl



"Organizing commissary"


"Parker Nation T-shirt"


 "BOM Blasting Wednesday afternoon"

No comments:

Post a Comment