Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, June 23, 2014

March 17, 2014 ~ Next time you look in the mirror think about who you truly are

Coming out of a 6 week retirement, weighing in at 220lb's, with a chin that'll knock you off your block and a bro hug that'll make the brotha's drop ---  introducingggggggg:  
 Eldeerrrrrrrrrrr Traaaaaaaaaaasdahhhhhhhhhhhlllll!!
 Fam! Here I am back on the technological medium of communicating. The last six weeks I've definitely grown in my appreciation for the word efficiency.  I had some great experiences with Elder Brown on P-day's though.  He is doing great, I really was able to ask for and receive a greater measure of love for him.  It is good to be back on though.  I feel like the last 6 weeks have been preparing for my new assignment.  I received a call from Prezzy on Friday.  He then asked if I'd be willing to go to the South Denver area in the University Hills ward.  That's the place where the crazies that couldn't make it into downtown seem to congregate.  Haha should rack up some pretty good stories!

My companion will be elder Hamilton.  President described him as "one of those mountains we get to experience in life to help us grow as quickly and effectively as we can."  I know him as the Elder who wears DC skater shoes and won't put on dress shoes and he has spiked hair that goes in every direction.  Haha to be honest I am really excited.  I already feel a great sense of love for him and I can't wait for the things that I'll learn from him!  I've been in Parker nearly 6 months, so I've been able to make some good relationships, especially with the Becksteads. Other then them it hasn't been too hard to say goodbye because I'm excited to go to an area where I can work work work and there's people to work with.  Mom and Dad as far as school goes, I hope you got the letter that explains how I feel like it should be best to go home the 11th and then head right into school.  

Sister Ellis, the lady we lived with in Westminster, is the new mission secretary so she said the next step on our part is for you to send an email and put President Toombs in the Subject line. You can then just explain the situation to him and then we'll go from their once we know what to do.  Speaking of Prezzy I was able to go to lunch with him a little bit ago and just want you to know I'm still in good hands.  He's absolutely incredible I love this guy so much!  As for other updates I'll be living in an apartment!  I'll be in a bike area (which I'm stoked about!) but the assistants sent a car down my way because they wanted me to at least have the option.   Haha good to have friends in high places!  I have 3 1/2 transfers left so there's a good possibility this may be my last area.

 Anyways I have to get going, I may be able to on later and finish up my emailing time then but we have to get going to shuttle missionaries around.  Transfer days are always busy.
 I just want to testify of the love that God has for each and every one of us.  Most times when we look in the mirror we see how we're too fat or skinny, to tall or short. etc, etc.  I feel like for the majority we automatically pick out all the of the things wrong with us.  I just know that God doesn't see those things. He sees us for who we truly are.  He sees our divine personality, our potential, our successes, our righteous desires.  The first two great commandments are to first, love God with everything that we can and the second is to love our neighbor as our self. We cannot love another if we do not love our self.  So God loves us, He's thoroughly aware of our circumstances. He sees us for who we really are.  
Next time you look in the mirror think about who you truly are, a son or a daughter of the most perfect, loving, knowing, compassionate Father.  Love ya fam!
Elder Traasahl


1. My boy Elder Brown!



2. Baptismal Interview on the lawn for Isaac Adams. Remember to ask me to tell you his story, it's incredible.

3. My main man Josh Lyons - priest in the ward we worked with to prepare for a mission.


4.  Floyd sent me this a couple of weeks ago. 
Haha it's great to see him still progressing

No comments:

Post a Comment