Fam! It was suchhhhhh a blessing to be able to talk
to you on Christmas!! I really really
enjoyed it and I can't believe how fast Christmas came and went. I appreciate the gifts and the cards! Also,
thanks for the best gift and being missionaries.
Okay so run down of this week, we had a couple
of companionships who were struggling and weren't getting along at all. So we were able to play Dr. Phil and mediate a
conversation between the two elders in each companionship. They are all good
now and it all was a result of a lack of communication. Why I bring that up is because I learned a
wonderful lesson that will be a huge help when I have a wifey someday and
that's to: communicate. Side note, Parker gave a great little insight
a long time ago about prayer and how that's our communication with God, and how
the adversary tries as hard as he can to sever that communication. And when that communication is severed then
the relationship goes to the dumps after that. It was pretty neat to see a real life example
of it.
Anyways, we were able to get into
a home of a couple less active families this past week! In both settings they were warm and friendly
and had a huge change of heart and were pretty welcoming. We are going back to both families this next
week and are sharing a pretty powerful message on the Atonement. We also had dinner with a family last night
who has a 18 year old son who came home from college and is my boy! We got along great, like super super good. He wasn't sure about a mission and is in a
position where he needs approval to begin his papers. I was able to talk 1 on 1 with him after and
we had a way good conversation about the Atonement and God's purpose for us is
to essentially become. Through this life
a huge portion of those lessons of "becoming" come as a result of
mistakes. Might sound like a silly story but it was neat
to have that experience because I feel like that was one of the reasons I was
sent here, although there's not a lot of investigator work going on. I've been studying consecration this past
week and don't have all of my thoughts gathered yet so I'll share what I've
been learning with ya next week. It's
safe to say that these next couple of weeks, I am not only going to do what the
Lord wants me to do, I'm going to do it
with the attitude that He wants me to do it with. I feel real good about doing this and making
it a focus.
Fam, I love
you all! You are each incredible people and have tremendous potential to do
good. I've been learning that it all comes down to our thoughts, and training
ourselves to focus on the positives, and all the things we can do, and all the
things we have been blessed with, and all the things we can help others with.
Love y'all!!
Your boy,
Elder
Traasdahl

No comments:
Post a Comment