Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Friday, June 20, 2014

Jan. 27, 2014 ~ Get thee hence trunky thoughts!

Oh my goodness I can't believe January is already almost over!  Sheesh I just looked down at the time and saw the date and got a little shiver down my left arm.  Anyways thanks for all of the pics and emails you sent this week! Fam, great job on the missionary work!  As you know the temple's what's it's all about and that's way way neat you were able to further introduce a family God has specifically placed in your path further to the gospel. Awesome!  Also A-Train those decals are legit!  As far as names go I'm not quite sure with decals but when we get a little business rolling with all of us boys we should call it Sons of Thunder.  That's our 3 on 3 basketball team name in the mission. Haha and pops, I'm proud of you, way to get your Bolt on, I'm still excited to do tri's in a few months.  Get thee hence trunky thoughts!  

Okay so here's the updates on this last week.  As for the fence lady story her name is Bev.  We met her and got it all squared away.  Each time we go back to fix the fence she hasn't been home so we just wait for another day until we can catch her home so we can introduce her to the gospel.  So the story is still in motion.  This last week we had a lady who we've been working with name Val say she wants to be baptized.  She just bought a house in another ward in another stake so we have to coordinate with the missionaries there as far as continuing to teach her but that was way exciting.  Other than her we aren't actively working with anybody.  Although at time's it's been a little discouraging I'm learning some good lessons about persisting.  We are working a lot with the members in the ward and role playing with them.  Haha it's awesome.  I don't think i've ever felt a more awkward situation in my life at times but the results are always fabulous.  There was a family of 8 we worked with yesterday so we split them into 3 groups.  I was able to work with Sam & Kate 7 and 9 year old. These kids are incredible, we talked about their friends, talked about activities that they had going on and practice inviting them.  

Sam, the little boy was a boss. He just said it how it is all by himself.  I was his friend Josh.  He says "Josh, you really need to come to scouts with me. I can't stand you always complaining about having to do chores and having to play with your baby sister so instead of doing that you can become a Mormon and come to scouts." Haha,  it was awesome.  I was just so impressed with the courage they had and the perspective these little kiddo's had to share what they have.  It really inspired me as a missionary because I can invite a lot more people a lot more effectively when taking the clear perspective that they have.  


There's a great quote I read this past week from Spencer W. Kimball. "How can you say the door cannot be opened until your knuckles are bloody, till your head is bruised, till your muscles are sore? It can be done."  I love this quote, each time I recite it I'm filled with a greater measure of a go-getta attitude. Transfers are next week and I'm in the dark as to what's going to happen. I'm pretty sure I'll be put with the struggling missionary so if I don't email for the next little while then that's why!  Haha if it happens than it's all good and if it doesn't happen it's still all good. Know that I love you and am so grateful for your prayers every day.  I have been greatly strengthened because of your love and faith. Have a wonderful week and keep livinglovinglaughing life!!!

Parker Missionary Olympics

No comments:

Post a Comment