Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, June 24, 2014

March 31, 2014~ Pray to God right now and simply ask Him if He knows your name


Fam!  Alrighty so I just spent the past 30 minutes writing you a legit email and then the timer snuck up on me and the version of the internet I'm using doesn't support the myldsmail account website so
essentially what we have here is me trying to retype everything I said because it didn't save the previous attempt in a draft.  Dayang technology.

So hello hello hello hello! I don't have too much time so
I'll jump right into the good stuff. Mom that letter you sent Elder Hamilton was absolutely perfect.  Priceless comment as a result: "Wow man your mom is way cool.  I haven't ever gotten a letter from anybody and I can actually feel that they care."  So thank you so much!!  This past week we found 4 new people to teach.  3 of them we had to refer to different missionaries for various reasons.  We found a guy named Chen Zhou.  He has no concept of God and Jesus Christ but he wants to learn.
While talking with him, I really feel that he is one who'll embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ and then take it back to China and share it with others.  He's an incredible guy. B-ray he wanted me to give you his email zhouchen1985@gmail.com so that you can email him your essays or any questions you have about speaking chinese and he can be your personal tutor.  He's awesome b, seriously take him up on that!  I had
written many things but I don't have too much time now so I'll share an experience that we had this last week. We were teaching the Bigelows.  They are an older couple. She is semi-actice, he hasn't been to church in 40 years. In the lessons he became pretty argumentative and said he had proof that God doesn't answer prayers and that he is angry with God.  It was nice to get his underlying concern out on the table but it was sad to see him actually believe God doesn't answer prayers.  We read a few scriptures and testified to him but he still wasn't having it so finally we said " Brother Bigelow this is truth.
No one can change truth, it's eternal, it's the reality of how things are. No matter what experiences you've had in your life that led you to believe otherwise, the truth is that God is your Father, you are His son, and He hears and answers prayers.  Now we will invite you to pray to God right now and simply ask Him if He knows your name. Ask Him if He knows you as His son." Brother Bigelow somewhat hesitantly agreed. He began his prayer, "Dear God.." he thanked him for sending
us there, he somewhat out of a routine thanked him for other basic things.  In the meantime Elder Hamilton and I were saying prayers of our own that Brother Bigelow would recognize the whisperings of the Spirit testifying of God's love for him.  Brother Bigelow then paused
and said, "God? my name is Craig. I was wondering... I want to know if you even know my name? My wife’s name is Kathy, do you know her name too?"  The Spirit entered the room and Brother Bigelow began to choke
up and cry a little bit.  He finished the prayer really quick and afterwards we testified of God's love for him. We then left with spiritual fist bumps going all over the place and Brother Bigelow left there feeling the love of God in his life, probably for the first time in many years.

The reason I share that story is because I have had
many experience in my own life and watching the lives of others in which I can stand as a witness of the truth and reality of God being our Father. As we draw nearer to Him and to our Savior Jesus Christ, they will draw nearer to us.  Each and every time we act in a righteous
and humble way whether it's through prayer, or serving, or reading the scriptures, God will respond.

Fam I love ya and I'm grateful for this time that we have to hear a Prophet of the Lord speak to us this weekend. Remember to invite as many as you can so that they can hear his voice as well! love ya!

Elder Traasdahl


Elder Hamilton with Elder Traasdahl


40 Day Fast
 

No comments:

Post a Comment