Fam! Mom before I forget Matison Johnson is Elder
Johnson out here. He's one of my boys in
the zone, way cool cool kid. He's in a recent New Era magazine as a matter of
fact so he thinks he's all famous now. Haha
anyways, how the heck are you all!? I
say this every week and I'll continue to say it every week, I loved hearing
from you all! Mom and B I'm glad you had a great time singing. To your point dad, I'm stoked for next year's
concert when you got your 4 boys and possibly some female company you know what
I'm saying? Haha sheesh the thought of
girls just scares me. But hey I'm proud
of ASU this year! Even though we didn't
go for gold we still went for something which is good. Aust,
let me know how the recruiting looks like.
Okay so I
had some incredible experiences this last week. First let me begin by laying the foundation
that I know without a doubt that the priesthood of God has been restored and is
found in our church. We've been working
with a returning member family, the McArthurs, and their recent convert 12 year
old son Brett. I have grown to love love
love this family. This past Saturday they went through the temple for the first
time and were sealed on the same day. Prezzy
Toombs let us go to the sealing. I was
amazed at how real the spirit was. As I
sat there and watched I received some pretty incredible promptings from the
spirit testifying to me the reality of the sealing and the powers of the
priesthood. It was cool to be a part of
because my thoughts went to Grandpa E and imagining him sealing families
together in the temple. I am so grateful for my Grandpa's and Grandma's. I'm beginning to realize how greatly my life
and happiness have been affected by them. Tell the Grandma's I appreciate and love them!
Later that day we were able to give
blessings. Again, I grew in my testimony
of the priesthood. Later that night, I
was able to go back to Westminster and attend a baptism for Amber Maupin, a
lady I found and taught in the Hidden Lake ward. Tony Brown, a recent convert we worked with
baptized her and it was again so apparent to me how merciful God is, to have
blessed us with His authority to act in the ordinances of salvation so that His
children can be redeemed from sin, endowed with power, and qualify for eternal
life, being sealed together as families to live forever in the presence of our
Father. It's just so exciting to be a
part of fam!
I had a
pretty sweet realization this past week as well. I was studying becoming and weakness. Through reading the words of the prophets, and
the scriptures I realized that there are eternal laws of God. Affixed to these laws there are eternal
punishments when we disobey or sin (Alma 42:18) and eternal blessings for
obedience (Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21). All disobedience comes from a lack of
understanding and that's the very reason we came to earth. To grow in our understanding, to grow in our
knowledge of light and truth. To those
who endure through their weaknesses and are faithful, the Lord will give them
understanding (Doctrine and covenants 76:9) so that they can overcome and
become. We can pray for spiritual gifts
(Doctrine and Covenants 46:7-11) to overcome our weaknesses. And of course all of this is possible through
the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. Through faith and repentance and living the
Gospel, mercy can have claim on our souls through Christ's Atonement. He paid the price so that the eternal law of
justice could be satisfied and the eternal thrill of being merciful can be
magnified. I absolutely love Him. And that's why I'm pretty stinking sure I'm
living the best life in the world right now because I get to learn and grow in
my knowledge of this each and every day and help my brothers and sisters do the
same. Sharing the gospel has come to be
one of my great loves in life. Fam, I
love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. B-ray! Great job at inviting your friend to stay
through church! You have a wonderful
opportunity to change a life man! Fam,
you're fantstic. love ya!
Elder
Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment