Fam!!!! Alrighty so this week was fan stinkin-tastic!
I'll share a few reasons why. 1st)
On 4th of July morning, I ran my very first 5k. Haha there were a few elders who ran it and we
had a bet going about who could win wearing proselyting clothes.
2nd)
We went fishing this morning and I still
haven't caught a fish in my life.
Our area
right now is struggling. We had to drop
everybody that we found and the promising potentials all rescheduled for this
week so we're hoping they go through. We've
talked to lots and lots of people but from that not one person accepted any
invitations. So it was one of those
weeks where I can walk away with peace knowing we tried our best but with a
little bit of sadness seeing everybody reject our efforts.
We are
finally starting to see some progress on the trust that the members have for
the missionaries in the ward, us now, and that gives me some hope that we can
start supporting and empowering them to invite people. Through it all I'm learning great lessons
about humility and where to base self-esteem and confidence from. A quote that I love at the moment is from
President Ezra Taft Benson from his talk "Beware of Pride" which
paraphrased says something to the effect of “- Love God, serve others, and do
God's will and YOU WILL HAVE self esteem.” … I've been trying it out the
previous few days and it's really been a game changer for me. I can let myself feel the peace of trying my
best when I decide to look at only my relationship with God, & not so much
what others think of me or anything related to that. So I'm still enjoying it!
We met
President Mendenhall this last week. He's awesome! I'm definitely going to squeeze out as much
advice as I can out of him over the next month. Fam, I love you lots and hope you have a great
week. If you ever feel down or
"unsuccessful" with anything then take a step back, evaluate your
relationship with God and go from there. I love you all and am filled with gratitude
for you. Thanks for the thoughts and
prayers, I can feel them. Love ya!
Elder
Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment