Hello,
hello, hello, hello hellooooooo fam! Man
I've been looking forward to emailing all week, it was absolutely great to hear
from you all! Congrats on the graduation
A-train, that's big time man! Mom, I'm glad
you got the mother's day letter! B-ray go hard this last week of school, you
got it brotha, and pops I'm super duper excited to get on that smoker because I
keep hearing good good things about it! We'll
have to get you on food network.
This
previous week was very good. We had a
couple powerful lessons with Chen. Man,
I just love teaching this guy! He's
wayyyy wayyyy prepared. He will be
getting baptized this Saturday at 11:00am at the Yale and Monaco Stake Center. It's so fun having the perspective that we have
with watching people start where they are with a desire to learn, and then to
work with that desire and act and to find out like every other person that
actually does it that these things are actually truth. The change that comes over
these people as they grow in their understanding of the gospel is real, and
very noticeable. I love it!
We also
found a new guy named Daryl Zimmerman. He's a huge football player that played
college ball and was on his way to the big guns but wasn't able to because of injuries.
He's going to be a fun one to teach
because he's way willing to learn but also way willing to share where he's
coming from. Haha he says some funny
things. Elder Hamilton and I had
companion study for days in a row last week! That was our first time having comp study and he
actually did a little personal study for 15-20 minutes two times last week so
that was a huge highlight as well.
I've been
able to study the Atonement a little more in depth recently. Sheesh, I go in with one question and leave
with a bout 30 but it's great because I'm learning! As I've learned about our Savior Jesus Christ,
His life, ministry, and mission, my love for Him and honor to Him increases to
the degree that I let myself learn about Him.
It became very real to me a few days ago what would be the consequences
if there had been no Atonement made. 2 Nephi 9:9. It's a rather dark and gloomy
thought. Then I think of what blessings
and potential we have because Christ performed the Atonement, infinite in it's
completeness, perfection, depth, and love. I love Jesus Christ. I believe in Him and I have a huge desire to
continue to learn about Him. It's been
fun to recognize how literally my life has been change, who I have been changed
into. I've been able to overcome, to
fight and get up and fight again, and to become the witness of Christ that I have prepared for, for a long long long long
long time in the pre-existence. I enjoy
having that feeling of finally the opportunity to reach a goal that I have had
for a long long time. Fam I love you lots and hope you have a
tremendous week! Continue to learn of
Christ and watch you find more peace and joy.
Love ya!
Elder T

No comments:
Post a Comment