Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

April 14, 2014~become become become become become


Baddabopbop!!!  Hello fam!  Mom and B you have no idea how excited I am to go to one of your concerts!  I won't bring an air horn but y'all ready know I'll be cheerin just as loud!  Hey tell Pat he looks like he could be on the next NCAA '15 cover. Sheesh that's my brotha!   Okay so ready set go, this past week was great.  We were able to drop a few people that weren't going anywhere and really didn't have the desire so we opened up some time and are now searching for the 330 people in the ward that no one has any clue about.

Yesterday, Chen and Andy both came to church and enjoyed it. Haha Chen is awesome.   I am really enjoying being able to teach him.   It's slow but it's steady and he's learning and growing.   There's a few young engineers in the ward that introduced themselves this past week and he made friends with them so things are great!   Andy is still praying about baptism so it's going smoothly with him.   Okay so Hamilton was able to meet with Prezzy this weekend.   For a solid 3 hours.   Haha let me tell you what I got real good at playing Choose the Right! President had to get to another meeting but he wanted to talk to me about it all.   The outcome was great.  Hamilton was straight up with Prez, Prez was straight up with him and we're still on the grind trying to help a brotha out!   He's come quite a long ways the last little bit and Prez said it's likely that I'll be with him until I go home so I'm excited to see what's still to do.   

I do have to say THANKS so much for the support you've given him.   Mom it was funny, when he received your letter this past week he said, "Dude, I wonder if your mom prays before she rights me?"  I replied, "My man, remember how I told you how she's my example of 'walking in the Spirit?".  HIs response short but right on,"Straighhhht upppp."  haha He said a few times this past week that "I want to be a part of your family" and "man, it's cool to actually feel like people care about me."  He really appreciated the banks package!  Haha he wrote them like a 4 page letter.  Tell them when they get it to not be overwhelmed!  Haha and can you tell them he appreciated it lots and I appreciated it lots more.? 

I've learned somthing this past week.  From this experience and talking with you fam, and Prez and a few friends it solidified something that Prezzy taught us in a meeting one time.   He said that every person born on the earth needs 3 things to be motivated to act:   1. they need to feel loved.  2 they need to feel understood, and 3. they need to feel important.  When a person feels these 3 things he will act and pursue after them and then reflect them to others.  As humans we tend to gravitate toward the sources that provide these 3 emotions/feelings for us.  It's been incredible to see the small but sure changes Hamilton has made as you, the Banks, and friends have taken him under his wing and made him feel loved, understood, and important.  He's got it set in his mind that he's coming to AZ for a week or so after the mish to meet his new fam and friends in person.   Haha I love it.

Well this past week I was able to grow in my love for obedience.  I've come to know that obedience makes us free and it's all through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  God's laws/commandments keep us in a position where we can act for ourselves and not be acted upon by negative influences.  The more knowledge we obtain the more understanding we have of God's nature, our diving nature, our potential and the way to reach that potential.  Our desires change and our thoughts dwell on productive ideas.  We are able to fulfill the measure of our creation as we use our creative force (thoughts) and become become become become become.  As we become more proficient in our knowledge and understanding we understand and have a desire to act in such a way that will bring us the results we desire aka we follow Christ and live the gospel.  Obedience is one way that we can obtain knowledge.  If somebody doesn't understand that tithing is a commandment, then they can put their trust in God and live it.  I have never met anybody who has paid an honest and full tithe that has regretted it and that can't say for themselves that tithing is a commandment of God and brings blessings.  Okay I’m rambling but I guess it just came full circle this past week with how obedience really is the first law of heaven.

Fam find something that you want to be more obedient in, pray and ask for help, make a game plan, and receive the blessings! Also thanks for your example of obedience thus far because it's helped me learn this tremendous lesson for myself.  You are all wonderful, and it's great to see you trying your best to reach your potential to do good.  Have a wonderul week, love ya!

Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment