Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

May 27th, 2014~ CHEN GOT BAPTIZED!!!


CHEN GOT BAPTIZED!!!  Haha that my fam was the highlight of the last two transfers.  It was such a great experience.  As we were in the font and performed the baptism he had the biggest smile on his face.  I'm not sure how many encounters you've had with straight from China chinese people but in all my experiences I've recognized that they don't show  too much emotion on their faces.  To see that smile on his face was a wonderful experience.  Elder Hamilton was able to confirm him a member on Sunday and did a great job. Chen got up from the seat a little teary eyed (which that was a first) so I know that it had a great impact on him.  Chen will be going back to China in a few weeks until September when school starts again.  Looking back I can recognize how the Lord's hand was absolutely a part of that entire process.  He is all gung ho about serving in the church and is very excited for the here-on-out.

So with the time that's left I'll be praying to be a part of another incredible experience like that.  Elder Hamilton is doing good. He and his dad have been talking and laughing during those conversations so that is a tremendous blessing.  Prezzy talked to me and asked if I'm good to go for another one, which I replied with a big smile and a big yes, so round 3 with Hamilton is coming up here in a week and a half or so.  I've learned this in my own life, especially out here but progress is a tad tricky to identify when you are so close to the situation.  For instance the Ref has to be in a good position from the outside looking in to make the adequate call and to see it cleary.  If he's in bad position then there goes the clearness of the call and a lot of frustrated fans.  So I really really hope there has been enough change that's made it worth it.

We are teaching a guy named Darrell Zimmerman and Jason Elliott.  They both are way cool and seem pretty solid.  I really feel like there is tremendous potential in the both of them but that Darrell has a particularly good shot of reaching that potential.  Throughout this past week I have grown in my appreciation for the opportunity that we have to pray to our Father. I've been taking a moment before praying to think about what I would say, who has blessed my life, and who I feel like I can be a blessing to.  I think about how I really am doing, what advice or counsel do I need or how open my heart is. Then I wait until I feel peace and then I pray.  My prayers have become very meaningful.  I feel like I was led to specific scriptures that I needed at the time.  I love it!  And to fulfill the opposition in all things principle it's been enjoyable for me this past week to come to really feel that I hate sin.  Obviously I still do it and am working on it but I feel free, I have felt the peace that comes with making a conscience effort to love God and to not fall into temptation.  And I love the sacrament!  I can't believe how I used to take it for granted and not appreciate it but as I've grown in my assurances and knowledge of the purpose of the sacrament and the reality of the outcomes, my love for that sacred ordinances has grown.  Fam, I love ya lots! I'm glad that you had a great week in California!  Life's incredible when we live in such a way that God can pour out the blessings that He desperately wants to give us.  Love ya!
Elder T

 "Chinese Smiles"

Chen Zhuo. 

  "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth.  Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and 
I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."  
Alma 26:37

No comments:

Post a Comment