Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 16, 2014~I have learned that really submitting is the only way.


Goooddd morning America!!  It was great to hear all of the exciting things happening this past week!  Pops, I'm glad that you had a great father's day!  You should be getting a letter in the mail in a couple of days, I sent it kind of late.  Hope you and B-rizzle aka the new Deacon's Prezzy Prez have a great time down there!  B-ray, magnify magnify magnify magnify baby! Mom, thanks for the laughs and love, and A-Train, "that's a whip tho".  Well I am smiling ear to ear because I am loving my situation right now.

I am in the Standley Lake ward with Elder Harrington.  We are getting along great.  He's had a hard time waking up his mission but we're 7 days straight of waking up at 6 and working out!( with the exception of yesterday).  As far as the area goes, it's something that I feel like I have a lot of experience with.  There was no teaching pool, and the members really didn't trust the missionaries at all.  This ward was the first ward that I, as the new missionary, wasn't introduced in any of the meetings.  So we're hitting the whole member trust thing and finding through our own efforts pretty hard.  I have found that the simple question of "as the missionaries serving in your ward, what are you expectations of us?"  has had a huge impact.   The members love it and it's like an instant trust/friendship action as a result.  We found two new investigators, Mimi from Checkoslovakia and Scott Allen.  We had lots of fun getting rejected this past week, these people are pretty pretty clever. So honestly I am doing fanstinkintastic.  I'm a missionary, doing missionary things again!  It's been fun realizing that time's about up because it's given me great motivation to go go go.  

I have learned that really submitting is the only way. Hel 3:35, Mosiah 3:19, 2 Nephi10:23-25, Alma 7:23-25, Alma 13:28.  All teach about the importance and power of submitting.  All I will say is that this past week I have keep the thought of "quit fighting and submit to God's will" on my mind.  Way awesome to experience the peace of heart and mind and joy that has come as a result!  This next week I'll be meeting with Prezzy for one last time before he takes off next week.  I'm way excited. Well fam I love you all, I hope you are having a tremendous time growing in your knowledge and understanding of the gospel principles through study but also by action.

I will say this. God answers "yes" to our prayers to give us confidence.  He answers "no" to protect and warn us.  He doesn't give us an answer so that we can have opportunities to exercise faith in him, be obedient to the commandments, and act in accordance with the gospel principles.  He expects us to use the gifts He has blessed us with.  The ability to know right from wrong, and to exercise our agency.  As we move forward with faith and act using our best judgment and effort then we can be confident that the Lord is with us the entire way.  He won't let us fall if we are sincerely trying to do our best with what we have been given.  I love you fam.  I Hope you have a tremendous week!
Elder Traasdahl 


No comments:

Post a Comment