Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

May 5, 2014~ More converted week to week day by day, choice by choice.


Ayyyyyyoooooo!! How's everyone doing?! Happy birthday yesterday A-Train and happy birthday today Pops!  I hope you both received the letters I sent ya before your big days. Anyways thanks for all the pics mom those were great to get! So this past week was a fairly off week I would say.  Elder Hamilton met with a counselor and started that process and it took quite the toll on him.  I'd imagine it's like any wound, right at the beginning when you clean it and put rubbing alcohol on it, it stings like a red head getting a sunburn.  So I guess it's safe to say I had lots of time this past week and I was able to read the entire Book of Mormon.  I am somewhat grateful for the time I had to read it because my knowledge of it's divinity and testimony of the reality of it's purpose was strengthened greatly.  Also my love for the Book of Mormon grew as well.  I had time to reflect and I realized that throughout the struggles I had, especially during high school but even out here on the mission, when things began to get better, my reading of the Book of Mormon was always a factor.  I love that book!

This past week we taught Chen.  We brought Kiet and Quinn Nguwen. They are recent converts that just moved from Washington - way way cool people. They taught and testified with great power it was incredible to see.  Chen is still scheduled for baptism on May 24th. We may transition him over to the YSA ward because he's 29.  At first he just wanted to stick with us in the family ward but we are going to reintroduce him to the YSA so hopefully he can meet some friends his age and what not. We also passed off James, who's on track for baptism here pretty soon, to the Washington Park ward.  Again, he too wanted to come to our ward and we were finally able to help him understand the purposes of ward boundaries.  I was able to give a baptismal interview for a brotha named Ahmed Cisse from Timbucktu South Africa.  Haha he's sooooooo great!  Baptismal interviews are definitely right around the top of the list of things I enjoy most about being a missionary.  My faith is always strengthened.  

I'm excited to talk to y'all on Mother's Day!! Oh and good news! Elder Hamilton found out by a third party that his parents back home started to come to church recently.  His father feels really guilty about the way him and Hamilton left and the terms they are on now and apparently wants to repair that relationship with his boy so that's a HUGE step!  Now I'm going to work on my end to help Hamilton put a little effort in as well.  I'm all about gettin this family into top notch shape!  Fam, I love you. I believe in Jesus Christ. I've had the spirit witness it to me too many times. I am grateful for the gift of a testimony that Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  I love expressing my gratitude to God by trying to cultivate and grow that testimony and to become more and more converted week to week day by day, choice by choice.  Have a tremendous week!
Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment