Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, November 12, 2012

"One Big Hug From Me to You..."

Alright alright alright okay okay!!! My keyboard types like some kid spilt his whole sippy cup of donald duck orange juice on it and it's takes like five minutes for a key to come back up so if I mis-spell something then right off the bat, I advise you to blame the keyboard. Just that sentence took me forever to write.  Haha alright. Elder Davidson. My new companion. He is one of a kind... He's a solid kid but just has a different way of stressing and communicating which is probably the polar opposite of my style. I'm glad he's my comp though because it's only been a week and I've already learned a lot.   Just another opportunity to find Joy in the Journey!!
 
We just found out yesterday that we are going to cover the new Nelson Farm Ward which was exciting because the ward we are in now is seriously about one square mile after the boundary changes. A lot of our investigators are in other wards now too. Ughhghghghgg! But now we have more time to find more investigators so it all works out! I hit a 100 pages in my journal this week. BTW.  Now I know what it feels to be a 14 year old girl who keeps a diary. Haha it's all about keeping those memories baby! (No disrepect to 14 year old girls.)
 
Alright so story for ya. We went to dinner at the A's house on Thursday night. They are a recent convert family and Alvaro, the dad, is an incredible chef. He made this amazing green chile enchiladas and had this red hot sauce chillin on the side. So after asking about the home made sauce and what it was made out of Alvaro brings out these dried chile peppers. He popped one in his mouth and told me to try one but I waited a little to see his reaction to see how hot it was. His face would've been the same if he was eating a piece of ice as in, it wasn't hot at all to him. I tried one and bam. My life was over for about 8 minutes there. Homeboy never told me that I just popped half of the hottest chile pepper out there on the black market!! I kid you not when I say I had to run outside, lay on the ground and stick my tongue on the snow covered ground. The family was dying laughing. Haha it was funny but it get's even more funny. Since I tried it I told Alvaro he needed to eat the other half and he was all cocky like it wouldn't be anything again. So he eats it and bam I saw my first red mexican of my life that night. He was dying too because apparently the one I ate was one of the really really really hot ones and so this guy ran around the house yelling "hut! hut! hut!" in his mexican accent and ran outside and did the same exact thing I did. It was hilarious.  Also my shoelace broke on my right shoe this week which was a bummer and to add on to it I only had a pair of Jordan shoelaces left. Talk about jockin my swag! This thing was flapping around each step. Not chill.
 
Right now we're doing a lot of less-active recent convert work because that's where the bishop felt our efforts should be used so that's been pretty fun. I found that as we prepared the lessons the overlapping theme of faith in the Book of Mormon was present in each lesson. I happened upon 2 Nephi 25:26 which talks about talking, preaching, rejoicing and a whole lot of other verbs, in Christ. It pumped me up because that's essentially what I have the opportunity to do for the next few months and it's ineresting to think about all of the people that have had this opportunity in the past with different bible prophets, book of mormon prophets and then even modern day prophets as well as all our friends and family that have served missions in the past. Grandma T sent me a picture of Grandpa T and you Dad, and which made me realize how lucky I am to have been raised in the circumstances that I was brought up in.
 
Another thing I learned this week is a quote I read in a talk by an aposlte that is not popping into my head at the moment that said, "hope is an anchor to the souls of men". Then I think about how this hope is available to everyone who will exercise their faith and open the door that our Savior knocks at. That reference was Revelation 3:20.
 
Haha I just love wearing the tag and getting weirdly looked at. It's the best. So Parker needs to get some flubba so he can stay warm. Send him some spam or something.  Well another week down and only so many left. It's kind of crazy how fast this is going. People have said that and I've just kinda blown it off but now I'm one of those people I guess! Oh and I need some pics of the fam and friends and sports and anything else you think you can send because right now I'm working with nothing. Pictures pictures pictures I need some pictures. Well fam I have to go. I loved getting your emails and letters this week, they made me smile. And I smiledddd like i meant ittttt. I think I just changed a few words to a weezer song?  Its kind of crazy how many songs I can't sing anymore because I can't remember the words. Oh well good thing I've got my hymn book! love you all and like my main man Barney would say "one big hug from me to you and I love you" or something like that!! Live every minute! Love every minute! Love ya!
 
Elder Traasdahl aka Elder Learning Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment