Hoooooookaay. (Say that like a native mexican cause that's how it's supposed to be read!) Hooookay so here's the deal-io with not emailing yesterday. Sooo on Wednesday we had interviews with President Toombs and as we talked he said how he was planning on keeping Elder D and I together until he goes home in three months because we were doing some good work together. And then Saturday night comes around and the whole transfer situations are called out and we find out that Elder Debruyn was actually leaving and that I'd get a new companion named Elder Davidson. I was sooooo sad when I heard this because Elder D and I have had sooo much fun together and we were doing pretty good workwise. Anyways yesterday was filled with dropping him off and picking up my new companion. It was pretty cool because there was a bunch of missionaries that met at the Loveland Stake Center so I was able to meet a lot more guys and make some pretty good friends. I met my new comp and he's awesome. Really intellectual... I'm excited to get to know him. He's pretty big into pokemon and yugio so I'm trying my best to remember my Charzard and Pecachu days haha. It's one of those things where I know he has a ton to offer and a lot to teach me so I'm excited to start learning!
Okay so right now I feel like a foster child because within my first 6 weeks of the mission field I've had three fathers/trainers haha. Hoookay. I'ts going to be good though! Alright so on to the week's events! On Sunday we had a big meeting because all of the wards in the Fort Collins Stake were rearranged and a new ward was added. The Timeberline Ward, my present domain, was cut in half and is about one mile by one mile by one mile which should come out to 1 square mile. I'ts actually a little bigger than that but all the the extra-ness is farms and absolutely nothing so we're going to be pretty cramped over the next transfer but I'm excited because I'll be getting to know a lot more people who live close by. The only iffy thing is that of the 4 people we're teaching 3 are out of our boundaries now but we are going to continure teaching them until missionaries are assigned to their ward.
One of those investigators is the lady named Kathleen who's working towards her baptismal date of Nov 24th. She is sooo awesome. She talked about how Mormons just have that "sparkling cider glow" in their eyes and that's one of the reasons why she was interested in talking to us. Along the same "light in their eyes" theme I have a little story that was pretty cool. We were going tracting in an apartment complex and right when we got off our bikes this crotchety old lady came out and told us that we weren't allowed to solicit (when we proselyte but whatevvs) in that complex. So we went to the front office to ask and they shut us down so we were kind of bummed. But on our way out of the office we decided to go talk to that lady and thank her for saving us from causing trouble and as we talked to her she let us in and she began to warm up a ton. This lady was seriously like Jenet Knight. Haha and that's a way good thing because she was so easy to talk to and was so uplifting! It turns out that we are going to help her move next week but as we were talking she said something to the effect that when she came up to talk to us the first time she had every intention to tear us down but when she saw us she said she could see a glow but having already gone that far she had to follow through with the whole scolding thing and she really wanted to talk to us again. And then of course we went back and started talking and now she's interested in "getting a halo" for herself.
Okay another funny experience in regard to the Smashburger Manna picture. That really happened and we were going crazy afterwards and of course the whole conversation of the Lord working in mysterious ways followed and it was just a way cool/funny experience all around. It was kind of a slow week concerning the work and everything because not too many people are interested so we're still going out and trying to find the few people who are. It goes back to the whole principle of faith and how that's essentially the basis of everything happening. Something that kind of clicked for me this week is how faith ------> hope -------> happiness --------> peace. So I have no doubt in my mind that Santa Clause is real. And this is because I've excersiced faith in him. Meaning I'm trying to do everything I can to get on the nice list, ya know, basically, carryiing out my responsiblities, helping someone turn their frown upside down, and just trying to help the people out around me. And of course I lay out the carrots for Santa's reindeer and cookies for the big ole guy. Every time I do this I get what Santa promises -- if we do our part aka PRESENTS!!
I paralled that with our Saviour and exercising faith in him and what he has done for each and every one of us. Every single time we do what He asks us to do, He gives us what He promises. This of course implies that faith is an action word and that 1st we need to truly believe but 2nd we need to believe to a point where we sincerely act. (So mom and dad ummm in order to keep what I just talked about true, ya know with the whole Santa Clause hookin it up with some gifts when I make it on his nice list, I hope you know I'm qualified as being on the nice list. So since Clausey is real... ummm feel free to keep that in mind.)
Real quick I've got to give a shout out to all of the homeboys going on missions! When I got that email i jumped up from the computer and gave a not so quiet 3 fist bumps to the chest and a macho man cirlce arm flex cause I already know that with everyone going out people in their missions are going to realize that we don't mess around in 480!! We got that Can't Stop Won't Stop in our veins! (People saw me do that and once again I got the "are you serious right now" looks from the regular library go-ers but ay ya know what --they need to learn to relax and let a brotha get pumped up when he finds out all of his boys are doing the best things they can for their lives and the lives of all those that cross their paths from here on out!)
Oh speaking of which I hit my two month mark yesterday!! It feels like I was just shopping in Pomeroys with you mom trying to pick out which shoes were the perfect combination of stylin/durable. By the way shoes are doing great. And everything else because I love what I'm doing right now and even when it get hard it's awesome to realize I'm probably experienceing 1/ 245913845713904827390467123495 781349857234982398673490578134 905782349057823904857190348572 390468723904857239048571903485 72349082739067 of what my Lord felt when he took everything I have gone through, am going through, and will go through on Himself.
Okay i have to go email President and then show Elder Davidson around the area and go visit some of our brother in arms who forgot their calling (Less actives) so I need to make like a tree and leaf but as always I love you to infinity and beyond (which reminds me my nicknames in the mission are apparently Elder Buzz, Elder Incredible, and Elder Metro. None of which were cleared or approve my me. haha) And just know that for what its worth this whole cliche line I'm about to use is absolutely one thousand percent true : you guys really have helped the Lord's purpose of shaping me in who I'm supposed to be! So thanks! Love ya!
-Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or anyone back home
-Sorry the stories for this week were kind of bluuuuh. The work is a little slow here because I'm in a wealthier area and all these people think they're entitled to a spot in the Big House - Heaven.
-Love ya!!
#Gettinlostinthework
-Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment