Hurricane Sandy Helping Hands from Joshua Brown on Vimeo.
Here's just a few items that caught my attention this week. Enjoy the above video and for further info. the following link will take you to a news story from the LDS newsroom. Click HERE. It's Good to know that although those on the east coast just experienced great adversity with the recent hurricane, in addition to many Faiths, Latter day Saints have risen to the cry for help. I loved the following excerpt from the article: "In first responder Jon Carbone's home, volunteers helped strip damaged sheetrock from most of the basement. Carbone said he appreciated the group's willingness to help anyone in need. "Everybody's being helped by you people," he said. It's not just, "Hey, you're a Catholic, so I'm going to help you; you're Pentecostal, I'm going to help you.' No, you're a human being. You're going to help them all."
I just loved that last sentence. God loves all of his children, and there are many in need. So you see, it's not just missionaries that can give service right now... It's all of us.
If you're interested in helping Hurricane Sandy victims in a comfy sort of way -- here's a link for another service opportunity. Click Here.

No comments:
Post a Comment