With Thanksgiving week just finishing up I've pondered upon my many blessings. And great friends is one such 'ponderment'. There are many of my sons friends that have left on missions or are just getting calls around the world. Everyone once in a while, I just might share some of their experiences with you. It is at this point Elder Banks, one of Elder Traasdahl's friends, comes into our blog. He's been out for about 5 months and was just called to be a district leader. That means there is a lot of responsibility over teaching and caring for other missionaries in his area. In addition to his testimony I appreciate the many laughs he's brought our way as we've read his emails each week. I wanted to share one of his classic stories which is below. He's serving in the Salt Lake area and mark my word... it will not be the same place once he leaves. His capacity to love is exemplary and it's been amazing to watch him grow from a young boy into this season of his life. "Verily, I say unto you, In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40. That about sums up Elder Banks... he loves, loves, loves people and goes out of his way to cheer everyone up. He's remarkable that way. Enjoy the story...
"Tuesday night after emailing me and Elder Chesbrough were riding our bikes through the neighborhood. Straight up a pitbull comes out of no where. My comp is about 10 feet ahead of me so the dog goes after him first but got him at a bad angle so he gave up on him. I stopped back so I wouldn't be an easy target and watched to see what the dog was gonna do and once the dog stopped it looked right at me. It wasn't messin around -- went head on at me about 25-30 feet from me! I hurry and hopped the curb on my bike! Caught my pants in the chain and threw my bike on the ground and ran into someones house! Straight up the dog was a couple steps from me and the family was sitting enjoying a family dinner until a missionary barged into the house! Craziest thing! hahaha I was safe but I did tear up my pants... WOW! But anyways this week was seriously such an awesome week alot of exciting things going on! Lets go!"
And Go he does... Keep up the Good Work Elder Banks!


No comments:
Post a Comment