Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, October 1, 2012

I'M SOOOOO STOKED...

Tra Tra Tra Traazasaurus family!!                                      
I read all of your guy's emails and seriously I just love you guys. K sooo as far as letters go send them to 1250 Main Street, Broomfield CO 80020 by USPS! That's the mission home and once they get it they will send it to wherever I'm staying within the mission.  This week was awesome. I'm officially one week old into my mission and I'm stoke for the however many weeks there are left. Church yesterday was sweet. I went to ward council in the moring and met all those guys, and then missionary coordination after that. They do church a little differently here. It's backwards so it goes priesthood, sunday school, and then sacrament.  Anyways priesthood was combined because it was the fifth Sunday as I'm sure you already know but I introduced myself to all the people there. It was pretty funny, after I told them my name and where I'm from I told them my favorite tv show is General Conference, my favorite artist is Motab and my hobbies are Tracting and Making Friends while sharing the gospel. I don't know how funny it was but they seemed to enjoy it. Hah oh and yes mom send me that EVMCO cd for sure. A lot of the music that I thought I downloaded on my ipod isn't there anymore so I'm stuck with Motab but good thing that's my favorite artist or else I'd die..
I hopped up there during sacrament meeting and introduced myself to the entire Timberline familia and bore my testimony. And then after church we went to choir practice cause homeboy here is going to work on his voice for the next two years so I can come back and sing like B-ray.
We are teaching a lady named Kathleen who is about 60 with a severe "allergicness" to ink so she has to wear gloves and she can't read very long but we taught her the plan of salvation, &  with some questions and clarifications and a few testimonies she was super interested and committed to baptism for Nov. 24th, her birthday. It was neat teaching her and letting the Spirit direct my thoughts and words because I did what was promised. I studied, listened to her concerns, and opened my mouth and baddabing baddaboom baddabang it all worked out and the Spirit was soooo strong. I'M SOOOOO STOKED FOR MORE OF THESE EXPERIENCES!! Real quick I love you guys. Also real quicker, I had my first impression while riding down a street.  I didn't think much of it, keep on going.  We were coming home from a lesson on our bikes and flew by a guy. We got in a little "hey, how ya doo...." before we were already gone. I thought to turn around but just kept going cause we had to be back for a dinner appointment. The IMPRESSION 'turn around and talk, & follow the impression' came again. And for the next minute the thought just kept coming and coming until BAM I slammed on the brakes, did a sick trick, and turned around. We went up to the guy and started talking to him. His name is Mike and he is a Afgahnistan war vet. He's about 30 but can't serve anymore because he suffered an injury and is unfit for duty. Anyways I shook his hand cause I had soo much respect for him and as we got the convo going he said he was doing some soul searching and that he has a good realationship with "the Big Man" but he offered to let us come by if were were biking by and get a huge glass of ice water. It was good knowing that experience wouldn't have happened if we didn't turn back and it was a huge reminder to always lsiten for promptings.
Anyways this week was really good. It's great to hear all the teams are doing great. Go Devils, Cardinals, and Toros! But especially go B-ray's and Austin's team!! B-dog you qbing? and What's your team name? K so i bought a bike. And we can bring it as we transfer throughout so I'm good there. Also I need you guys to love life and be the happiest people in the world because we are blessed with so much. And next time Pat comes over for dinner tell him to write me back!!!  I have to email Parker now and send a letter to a Presidnt so I have to go but just know I really do appreciate hearing from you guys and I'm so grateful that you're my fam! I have that picture you send with the package chilling on my wall right above my studies and it's such a great reminder of how much our Father in Heaven loves us. Welp it's got to be a whole ton! Enough to give us eachother!! Through and through the Gospel is true. And that's a wrap. Haha love ya!!
Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment