Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, October 15, 2012

Email: 3rd week in Fort Collins


Hahaha okay honestly right now I'm sitting at computer number 9 just laughing because of everything going on! It was so good to hear from everybody! Braden I loved your email bro, I shared it with the Elders next to me and they laughed when they saw the powerpoint. My main man.

K I realized I haven't told you guys about the investigators we're teaching! So there's Lacey. She's 9, sooo smart, and wayyy wayy fun. Like wayyy wayy fun. She's getting baptized next month but she's moving so we're hooking her up with her new missionaries this week. Then there's Kathleen who's super old and super amazing. I think I already told you about her but she's getting baptized on her birthday, Nov 24th. Then there's a lady named Carole who's re-activating her less active friend. Haha she's a boss but hasn't committed to a baptismal date yet but we're working with her. I'm also teaching a 16 year old kid named S. who's already a member but is really struggling and considering slash showing signs of the major less-active road so we're working with him as well. 

Right now I'm in a tri-companionship with my Samoan brotha Elder Lutali-Wilson and my canadian mate Elder Heurekens.

President Goodell of the stake presidency asked me to speak at a youth devotional about missionary work and how to prepare for a mission so I'm stoked about that. It's going to be fun talking with all those kids and making some more friends. The whole age change brings up a huge realization that Bishop Knight pointed out in his weekly email to the missionaries. He talked about Doctrine and Covenants 88:73. I'll let you guys have the fun of reading that and thinking about it. It's getting real baby!!!! Okay I love you all and have so much more to tell you about my week but unfortunately time ran out on me again and I need to go. I love you all! Mom I hope you had such a great 23rd birthday! Haha you guys seriously are such a huge pic-me-up and I'm sooo lucky to be able to have you in my life! I'm sending the memory card home today so you'll have some pictures to look at. Oh and mom I love your "not daily investigators, but daily investigating" line in Parker's email. Legit. Okay have such a great week.  Love you all!!

-Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment