Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Zip Zap Zippidy Zap Zap



Elder T’s first letter came in the mail today so of course that made us smile.  He started out saying, “Mom & Dad!!! So all I have to say right off the bat is dang, the church is so efficient!  We got here, went through checks, got our ID’s and study materials and were in the classroom within 30 minutes.   It was incredible.  My district is tight.  We have a lot of good kids.  There’s an Elder Haywood  and an Elder Jares who both played ball in high school and are studs so I’m excited to get to know them more.  My companion is Elder Haddad.  He’s cool but probably the exact opposite of me.  All I need to say about that is he has a toy robot thing sitting on his desk.  And his brother is a graphic designer for some xbox game that I didn’t recognize... 

I saw Parker at dinner.  His companion looks like a big taller Jake Larson.  Parker seems to be doing good.  in talking with him at dinner he was all confident...”

“In an orientation meeting I sat next to an Elder Shrestha.   He is the first Elder to serve from Napal.  Funny guy.  He actually stayed in Phoenix for a week and we talked a little about that in between the songs and getting to know our Mission Presidency.  He was telling me how forks and spoons are not as efficient as eating with your hands as is custom in Napal.  Haha,  makes sense to me!  I love it up here. “  Tyler went on to describe meeting lots of missionaries from ’all over’ and looking forward to getting to know them. He made friends with some ball players and a wrestler from UVU.  He ran into Elder Joe Clark, Elder Riley Worthen, Elder Caden Alexander, Elder Carter May (sp?), Elder Chaz Randall.  He and Parker are staying in different buildings but he found himself in the same building, same floor as Elder Jeff Kerr.  How fun is that?!

He finsihed his letter by saying, “I slept good last night and got up at 6:00 a.m.  When the alarm went off I looked outside and saw that it was still dark.  1st thing that came to my mind was Toro Camp.   Haha, but if you think about it, it’s true.  We’re at the Lord’s ‘Toro Camp’ where we wake up early, work hard and practice all day, and go to bed exhausted -- while enjoying the journey the entire time.  I’ve got to run to a breakfast now and then it’s zip zap zippidy zap zap from then on but I love you guys so much!  
Through and through, the Church is True.  And that’s a fact!

Sincerely at my sincerest, Elder T.

Written Sept. 6, 2012

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I like the humor-the efficiency of using fingers to eat and the analogy of Toro Camp! It sounds like they are doing great!! mt

    ReplyDelete