It's a seriously good day when missionary letters are found in the mailbox. To get two of them is such the bonus. Like double Christmas or double birthday presents without having to age twice as fast. Elder Traasdahl and his brother have done well during the first 1 1/2 weeks at the MTC. Here's a few excerpts from Elder T. Traasdahl that came via US postal:
9-11-12
In a letter to me he wrote:
Mother Dear, (!!!!!!!) [yes, I feel special since he used 7 exclamation points after my title -- not that I know exactly what it means.]
"Each morning I wake up and think, 'Oh I have such a long day ahead of me' but when I go to sleep and hop into my top bunk bed I think, 'Wasn't I just here?' It really feels like days become weeks and weeks become days. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I've made so many friends here."
"I definitely miss your cooking...."
"They are pretty strict on rules here and my goal is to obey all of them my whole mission... you'll probably only hear from me once a week, which is kind of a bummer but just know I'm doing good, I'm loving what I'm doing, and I'd rather be doing nothing else!"
To his father he wrote:
"We practice and study a lot. We're being taught to focus on our investigators needs and then listen and apply the lessons and principles in such a way that it pertains and connects with their needs. So essentially we learn the lessons and all the doctrine it contains and then decide how to teach it on the spot as we talk to our investigators. It's a super loose structure but at the same time it's super effective because the Spirit guides us with what to say. It's been really neat to watch and feel this happen."
"I see Parker about 2 times a day on average. It's kind of nuts, I get so excited to see him and I don't even know why..." Well, glad they can see each other now because in 9 days -- it will be goodbye for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment