On Tuesday, Sept. 4th, we had the privelege of having Parker and Tyler get set apart as missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They walked in the Stake Center as regular Parker and Tyler and came out as authorized representatives of their Savior Jesus Christ. They were given beautiful and powerful blessings by their Stake President through the power of the priesthood. The Spirit was strong and peace was present in the room. It was a profound experience. The Lord knows these two young men. You could just feel it. God has a plan and knows each of His children. That's the motivating power of missionary work. It's inspiring, uplifting, and when we remember why the twins decided to go on missions it makes it easier to say goodbye.
Yes, our heart strings are being pulled and strained today but I think they are discovering a tune of their own. We've experienced a full crescendo of Emotion, Joy, Love, Tenderness, Gratitude...
Oh and So much more.
Elder Tyler Traasdahl heading out to the PHX Sky Harbor Airport -- enthusiastic and excited.
Did you expect anything less?
6:00 a.m. and thumbs up.
Here's 'The Last of Family Life' on 'this side' of the security Gate. We gave quick hugs, expressed our love and the four of us started the long walk back to the car while the new missionaries zipped through security. As we looked for our vehicle in level 5 parking we spotted the airplane they would fly for their 7:40 a.m flight. (As if Looking at their airplane made our connection last longer.)
Rather than a Weather Forecast if I gave you an Emotional Forecast for the day, here's the report: Sunny with a 100% chance of showers. We did pretty good until we got home to a house without the twins. Honestly, when I say 'we' I really meant, "I". Yes, the tears randomly burst with no considering that I didn't want them to.
Tissue please? Oh & a heart monitor. I didn't know a heart could feel quite this way.
Double goodbyes!
They arrived at the MTC and checked in at 1:15 p.m. A big thanks to friend John for their safe arrival. The Elders were given a tour of the MTC and we trust they've stayed busy all day while we've tried to busy our mind with anything but them.
(It didn't work.)

No comments:
Post a Comment