Called to Serve in the Colorado Denver North Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Welcome:
As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
First P-day = First email from the MTC
Ma ma ma ma ma ma mom!!!!!
Today's my first pday, can I get a woot woot! I don't remember what I wrote in my first letter to you (by the way they are way more strict on letter writing than I thought they would be, as in I can only write letters on Pdays and use the email for 30 minutes) so I'm just going to kind of ramble and tell you as much as I can with as little time as I have. First off, I seriously seriously love the mtc!!! It is soooo awesome. There are so many guys from all over the world that I'm meeting and becoming friends with. I'll send you the memory card of all the pictures when I leave here and in a letter I'll probably ask you to develop some of those so I can send those around to some people. I was just called to be a District Leader a few days ago. Haha it's actually pretty sweet. My district is awesome. All of the kids are definitely super super different from eachother but that's what makes the whole thing way cool because we all bring something to the table. We role play a wholllleeeeee lot and I love it because I can see my companion Elder Haddad and I improving each time. I see Parker quite a lot at dinner or lunch or devotionals and he seems like he's doing good. I know he has made a good friend out of a Elder Cutler... I saw Rylee at the temple on Sunday with her fiance. Homeboy's tight. He's hugeeeeeee.
This whole limited time on the computer is super stressful by the way because I don't have time to go back and fix punctuation and I'm trying to fit in as much as I can in. Tell Austin and Braden that I'm going to write them letters today so they should get it by the end of this week. Tell them they're my main mans and I love them. And tell B-dog to get on those sports updates for me!! It's tuesday and I still don't know how the College Football weekend went! Erin and John and their kids sent me drawings that they made for family night. They were soooo funny. John drew the "don't give up" picture of the frog chocking out the pelican that was trying to eat it and I have that in the front sleeve of my binder so everyone can see it. The schedule is pretty crazy out here. I wake up at six, study and plan, go to breakfast, study, lesson, teach, study some more, lunch, study, lesson, teach, study dinner, study, lesson, teach, study, write in journal, sleep. Haha I'm definitely feeling way more in tune to the spirit though and it's kind of crazy how quickly the consistent change came! As far as your questions go, the MTC food is ehhhhh alright. Not too good not too bad. I am definitely getting a little chubby wubby and I seriously am about to cry because I hate this feeling and every time I walk past the mirror I just look down. ahaha like it's bad and it's only been 6 days! haha I'm sleeping great though! I seriously lay my head down and the next thing I know I'm waking up from the most annoying 'errrr errrr errrrr!' So it's good and fast but I really wish I could have a little more of it but I promised myself to obey every rule and them some, and to wake up a little earlier than when I'm supposed to because a little more studying each morning can only help. I'm stokeeeeeeed!!!!!!! to get out in the field. I ammmmm soooooooo excited!! like I really don't like this whole email thing because if i could show you how excited I am I'd write it in size 390 font on a regular lined sheet of paper.
Mom. I love you sooo much and I am soo grateful that you prepared me this much to be here and feel compfortable with the whole routine. I miss you guys but it's like at a healthy rate. I miss ya cause I love ya but it's not too much where it's effecting me waking up and working my boooty off to try to become the best missionary possible.
Okay I have to go now because the 10 second counter on the time -- up at the top, right of the comp screen is going! 10 9 8 7 I love you guys!!! 6 5 4 the church is true!!!! 3 2 1 I;'ll write you in a letter today too!! love ya!!!!
Elder Your Son!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment