Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We don't know anybody, anyplace... anything

Elder Traasdahl says goodbye to Fort Collins and the many people he grew to love...  
Clark Family



                                  Thurgood Family

Holy Smokes!!! I had the craziest busiest last couple of days in the mission so far!  Okay so yes as you might know already I received a call from President Toombs Saturday morning and he told me I was going to Arvada to train a missionary!  I was soo pumped when I heard that.  Actually no I wasn't pumped because I was super sad that I was leaving everybody in Fort Collins and all the legit priests and families that I grew really close to. But I was excited that things were being spiced up a little bit and I was going to get a greenie! Just like me! Actually HUGE side note, I am officially graduated from my greenie stage as of Monday morning at 12 am. Huzzah for Israel!! 

Sorry I didn't email yesterday-- I didn't have any time. I left Fort Collins at 9 am yesterday, drove all around the mission picking missionaries up and dropping others off. Then I arrived at the mission office at 3:00 pm to meet my new companion. His name is Elder Wengreen. He is is from Logan, Utah & looks like the guy that plays in Hitch.   He's super shy, pretty intelligent, willing and desires to work hard!  So I'm stoked to be with him and to be able to teach him as he teaches me along the way about how to be a 'c' to the 'onse' to the 'crated' missionary!! 


My mind is soo scrambled with everything I don't even know where to begin with the events of last week.  I also ate squid. Yuck. Nasty nasty nasty. Oh and by the way Dad, I got one of your letter this week and it cracked me up. I also got a package from Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tamara and also the Bryce family so shout out to them tell them thanks a bajillion bajillions for me please! Oh and also thank the Turley's and Brown's for their Christmas cards! 


Last week in the Timberline ward we had a couple of neat experiences tracting and street contacting. There is this place near us that has a little strip mall and the library there and it's pretty bumpin at night so we went and talked to a few people there. It was pretty awkward sometimes because it was a lot of couple's out on dates and we would go up to talk to them, and the boyfiend would think we're trying to hit on his girlfriend, so the result of it was a lot of really weird wannabe tough guy remarks and looks coming our way. Anyways we found a few potentials so Elder Davidson is going to follow up with them hopefully pretty soon. 


This past week I was thinking a lot about diligence. Diligence through studying, diligence through working, diligence through keeping focused. Basically diligence in everything. I came to realize that the rules we are given as missionaries can sometimes be looked at as straight crazy crazy, but they're rules nonetheless. When we obey the rules 98% of the time we are considered a good missionary, probably even a great missionary. But I'd hate to be the guy who sells himself short a measly 2%  because he forfeits himself or the opportunity to experience miracles. I like the thinking that obedience brings blessings whereas exact obedience bring miracles. There's also a scripture in Jacob 7:7  I think it is, i don't have my scriptures on me, but it talks about Sherem, kinda an antichrist, who denies Christ and says a lot of horrible things. Jacob shoots back with an assurance of where he stands with his Father In Heaven and basically knows for himself that he has an unshakeable testimony. That's the goal for Elder T Traasdahl! Oh and I forgot to mention - Elder Wengreen and I were swept into this area so we don't know anybody, anyplace, ehhhh basically anthing so it's going to be a fun few days trying to figure everything out! I love you all! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or anyone else back home! Also I don't know how to send pics on this computer, I'm at the Arvada library, and their system is allll messed up. Like we only get 30 minutes at a time, the computer shuts on and off, and then by the time you try to get on again someone else had already reserved it. So another goal for me is to try and figure this whole operation down. 


I can't wait to talk to you guys and hear your voices and hear how you're doing on Christmas! Love you!!!!!!!

Elder Traasdahl




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the record, I, mother and keeper of this blog, need to insert a correction from a previous post...  Apparently the word "huzzah" is for reals.  It wasn't a typo in Elder T's picture post.  Urban dictionary indicated that it is '1. the crazy english version of "hooray" 2. used to express joy, encouragement, or triumph.  So for the record Elder T Traasdahl was correct a few posts ago when he said Huzzah for Isreal.  I can hardly keep up with his vocabulary... obviously.  


No comments:

Post a Comment