IT WAS SOOOOO GOOOD TO TALK TO YOU GUYS YESTERDAY!!!! Seriously you guys have no idea how good it was to hear your voices! Like I said on the phone the area I'm in right now is really hard... trying to figure out this whole training thing is a little weighty, the area book looks like one of Banks' or Willies binder from high school with papers coming out of everywhere and unorganized and all that. I don't really know many of the guys in the zone all that well so needless to say I've been a little "under the weather" energy and happiness-wise but after talking to you guys I feel like the missionary energizer bunny!
It was funny to hear Parker's voice. Our little boy's growing up! He sounds like a legit man now. Shout out to my up and becoming Patrick Swayze twin Parker!! I have to share a real quick story. Early this week we went tracting and ran into a guy named R. It was one of those famous experiences where you knock on the one last door and it turns out to be someone who is interested except this time the one last door was a grumpy grandpa who "ain't nobody going to change [him], ain't nobody!!" So since that didn't work out we tried this tiny little house next door. I'd try to explain everything that is going on in
his life but to sum it all up: if it could've gone wrong, then it definitely did. Anyways we taught him 3 times last week, all without a member because that's still a little bit of a struggle, and he came to church for all 3 hours. Let me tell you what, he was lookin' gahooood cause homeboy was wearing my arrow 16 1/2 neck 34-35 sleeves white shirt and this really good lookin tie I got from goodwill. He committed to baptism but just so ya know he gave us a call yesterday morning and said he's not interested anymore. I think he got some anti stuff or something because he's staying at a friends house and yeah so we're still praying and working with him but that was a neat experience.
Oh and apparently I look like Lord Farquaad or something, the guy off of Shreck, according to a primary kid in church. Haha there's another one for the list. (see below)
![]() |
Oh and here's another story for ya. We had our Christmas devotional for the whole mission last week and every zone had to come up with a skit. So of course we do this skit where a little kid named Lucas sees Santa smoking a pipe, decides to be a little boss and do some missionary work, and gives Santa a Book of Mormon. So we had the biggest guy in the zone who's going to play football when he gets back home be santa and guess who got signed up to be the little boy who has to sit in santas lap and has to get tucked in by mom and dad throughout the story. Yeah. This guy... Haha and as you know I can't act for jack so it was pretty bad but it turned out pretty funny. Grammy's 2013 here I come!!!
As far as what I learned this week I'm learning the important lesson that no matter how black a situation might be, the Lord is always there to pick you up, dust you off, work with you, until the situation turns into sunshine and butterflies. This week's power scripture is Alma 37:37. It talks about praying to Heavenly Father in everything so He can lead me to do good and to lie down unto the Lord at night and when I wake up give a prayer of gratitude. Look it up it's awesome. I find myself doing that. With everything going on I have been reminded that my Best Friend, my Support, and my Coach are all my Lord Jesus Christ. I love you and and am so grateful for all that you do for me and the one thing that I'm pumped for the most is that we get to spend all of eternity with eachother!! Think about all of the sweet Christmas parties we'll have then! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys or anyone else back home! Tell all the boys back home I say hollllllaaaaaaaaa!'
Love you Mom, love you Dad, love you Austin, love you Park, and I love you B!!
Elder Tyler Traasdahl

No comments:
Post a Comment