Hello Fam!! I'm a little late getting on the whole email because we went to Jax Sporting Goods, purchased one day fishing license, and then went to the Fort Collins City Lake to do a little bit of fishing. We didn't think the whole situation through as well as we should have because when we got there we found that the whole lake was frozen over... Haha and so we gathered a bunch of rocks and started heaving them into the lake. So we went ice fishing. Haha it was a blast. I have some really funny videos as a result and I'll send those home to you when I get the memory card back.
Okay so on to this previous week's experiences. We tried to visit Nancy - the apartment lady turned best friend - a few times but she was never home so I think she is out of town for the holiday season, she said something about that while we talked. So I bought some wrapping paper, wrote my testimony in a Book of Mormon addressed to her, and wrapped that baby up and left it at her door! So hopefully something comes from that. We had a lot of work with less actives this week. I would've never expected how fun it is to get totally sketched out as you walk up to a door anticipating what the unknown reaction of the people will be, and then finding out within the first few seconds of the conversation... and then getting to know the person as a new friend if they are warm and inviting or taking it back to my 4.55 40 yard dash if the exchanges starts off pretty bad. It's a blast.
So we went around and visited a lot of people and invited them to the Timberline Ward Christmas Party Breakfast. We had a wonderful turn out. Our investigator and her less active boyfriend came, a few nonmember family members and friends were there, and some pretty less active-less actives showed up too so it was awesome seeing everybody in the gym eating cinnamon roles interacting with each other. The ward members here are fabulous. They make everybody feel welcomed and loved no matter who it is.
We haven't had any snow yet other than the few times it snowed in October which is pretty disappointing but when the snow does come the whole primary is already on alert and we are going to have a HUGE snowball fight. It's going to be fun. I love talking and hanging out with the primary kids at church and when we eat dinner at their homes. This last week Elder Davidson and I had the opportunity to teach the sophomore seminary class! It was a blast except we had to wake up at 5 am because game time was at 6 am. Those kids are all bosses for getting up that early each morning. We taught about testimonies and how to gain one and then strengthen it as well as how testimonies relate to missionary work so that was sweet. On Sunday nights we go over to the Clarke's house (ps they are one of the sickest families I know) for a Preach My Gospel study group with all these all star pre-missionary kids who are just incredible. I seriously feel like I have 7 or 8 prophet-caliber kids in the same room as me when we go to these meetings.
I got a letter from Parker and Austin this week which was bow chicka wow wow wonderful! It is so sweet having such DOPE brothers. In my studies this week I found a few more favorite scriptures. One was Alma 12:14 talking about how our thoughts, words, and works will condemn us. We had a chance to teach in the Gospel Essentials class yesterday and the topic was the Law of Chastity. Ehhh it was fun.... Haha I'm kidding it actually was a really good discussion. One person talked about how the way he can best summarize that commandment is with the word "focus." I thought that was really neat and he went on to explain why but I need to get onto more insights and scriptures so I'll let that suffice.
Another scripture I really liked was 2 Nephi 7:6-7 and 3 Nephi 22:17. They basically say nothing is going to stop us as we try our best to further the work and we actually are given power to overcome these things. These scriptures have helped when we get people that run their mouths and say all sorts of awful things. Combine these with a little bit of testifying boldness and bam they lose. Every single time.
As I walk around and see all of the kids in the neighborhood and all of the parents outside I can't help but be reminded of how fortunate I was to grow up with such amazing people surrounding me. I think a lot about the fam and friends who have played a huge part in my life and when I see things that remind me of experiences that I've had that involve chillin out with the boys, hanging with the fam, or getting shut down by girls I can't help but laugh and smile because I really really did have a wonderful life because of all that! Attitude of Gratitude coming atchya live! I'm so pumped for all of my boys and all of the girls back home that are going out to serve the Lord. It seems like every week I hear about a new person and every time I go off on my companion all about that person and how tight or awesome or sweet there are.
Dad I love you! Mom I love you! Austin I love you! Braden I love you! Park I love you! Let me know if I can do anything for any of y'all (got your back with that Park)! Love you all and keep on making someones frown turn upside down each day! Ain't nothin to it but to do it! With love from Elder Traasdahl!
No comments:
Post a Comment