Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nov 11, 2013 ~ We haven't found them yet but we're still looking!

Faaaahaaaamaaaaaaaaallyyyyy!!  Hey hey hey hey hey.  I'm on a little later today because like Park, today is transfers.  Here's what's happenin with your boy.............. baddabbbaaadadaba....... I'm staying with Elder Fleming in the Parker ward and I am sooooo stoked!  The whole set up here is fantastic.  We're still living with the Becksteads and they are seriously like our grandparents.  Bro Beackstead won't let us go 30 minutes without harassing us with something, it's hilarious. Elder Fleming and I have grown to be real good friends.  I don't even think there's been an argument within the last transfer at all, we just get along great, are on the same page with essentially everything, other than him having a fiance back home.  We learn a ton from each other.  Like I mentioned before, he's 5 years older than me which at first I thought would be a little challenging but I'm learning a lot from the knowledge that comes from experience that he's had.

This past week we've been in a tri-companionship with Elder Boerstra because Elder Hoyt, his companion and one of my main homies out here just got called to be the assistant as a DL at 9 months out.  Haha he's one of the most incredible missionaries I've been able to serve with.  This guy is going to go a long ways and is going to be used in many different positions by the Lord.  He plays BYU football, 6'8'' 280lbs.  haha way cool guy.  Anyways we attended a baptism for the Asmus family this past Saturday, investigators they were teaching. Within the last 30 days our zone has had 4 baptisms which is a third of what it's had year to date.  There hasn't been a period of 30 days with more than 2 baptisms so it's pretty exciting to see the vision of making Parker the mission's land of paradise come to pass!  As far as work goes for us, it's been a lot of fun searching for those who are ready to receive the gospel.  We haven't found them yet but we're still looking!

 Our ward is the same size as the stake and is essentially lots and lots of farms and ranches that sit on a lot of land.  I had a wonderful insight this last week about in Doctrine and Covenants 137:7-8 it says, "Thus came the voice of the Lord unto me, saying:  All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God;  Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;"  So essentially what it says is that everybody that comes to earth and would receive the gospel, and dies without the opportunity, will inherit the celestial kingdom.  After reading that I began to think and them asked myself why do we have missionary work if the people we try to share the gospel with are already going to receive it anyway?  Not even a millisecond after this thought came,  my mind went straight back to Doctrine and Covenants 4:4  "For behold the field is white already to harvest and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickel with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not but bringeth salvation to his soul."  I made the he's and his' stand out because the realization I had is that there are a lot of reasons why we do missionary work, why we have been commanded to share the gospel but as this declaration from our Savior clearly states, one of the major major reasons to be a missionary and stand as a witness of Him is for us.  WE NEED it for our own salvation.  We need it so that we can be sanctified.

So along with time flying by I have been blessed with a greater sense of urgency to really step my game up, get on point, and continue to love thrusting in the sickel!  Fam, please continue to pray for and to recognize the opportunities to share the gospel.  We all need the blessings of protection that are promised as we help our brothers and sisters come closer to Christ.  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!


Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment