Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dec. 2, 2013 ~ Full of Thanksgiving ~

Fammmmm!  Listen real close 'cause it's gonna be sick, rhymin with the tag next number one hit.  Always a joy to hear from the fam,  next thing ya know we're at it again.  Dad you're in the deacons once more, which shows a victor.  Mom, working through the grind,  with the most wonderful time.  A-train and B-rizzle sizzle sizzle sizzle, breakin' hearts left and right, fizzin girl's hearts like a shook-up sprite. Anyways fam! Sorry for that but when you feel the flow you feel the flow!  Great to hear you had a fantastic Thanksgiving! All throughout the day I was picturing what you guys would be doing during that time, not out of trunkyness but just out of excitement to spend it with ya next year!

Turkey Bowl 2014, training camp starts now!  Thanksgiving for me was incredible.  We had 3 dinners lined up.  3pm.  5pm.  7pm.  Absolutely insane how much food entered my body.  We ate with a few families in the ward at 3, and then the McArthur's at 5pm.  They are actually getting sealed in the temple this weekend!  We've been working with them and I've grown to love that family.  By the 7pm dinner I brightened up a bit and figured out that one spoonful of mashed potatoes, squished on the plate took a lot more surface area, looking like my place was way more full than it was.   
Elder Fleming and I made pies for our zone, 28 missionaries, wrote little gratitude notes to them, and gave them a couple festive pictures.  I'll send you some of the pics.  We have a lot of young missionaries who haven't had a major holiday out on the mish yet so we tried to help them out not be as homesick at they would've been.  

A lady we've been working with named Denise came to church yesterday!  It was a total answer to our prayers.  She's more interested in the social aspect of the church right now, but our prayer is that will enable her heart to be receptive to the Holy Ghost.  We are still in finding mode.  The members here are way cool but they're still making friends and cultivating relationships, haven't really crossed the bridge over into inviting to learn more yet.  I just hope that the Lord will bless us with somebody who has been prepared as we continue to go hard in the paint and earn it.

I've realized this past week that Park and I only have 9 more months left.  To be honest it is a little stressful because I realize how short of a time that is to change all that I need to change.  I feel like I have changed while being out here, in the sense that my knowledge, conversion, and desires have grown in such an incredible way but I still have work to do with the struggles that I have.  And that's why I am so grateful for the Atonement and for the sanctifying powers of sincere repentance and of the Spirit.  
The gospel is just way way cool because for me, it enhances my capacity to feel joy and peace in my life, more than anything else.  My love has grown, my friendships have deepened, my understanding has more meaning, and I have the direction in life that keeps me on the path to feeling the Spirit, to feeling peace aka God's promise to us and His stamp of approval for living righteously.  At times it's rough trying to help people understand that they can have this, because they don't see it.  I've come to realize that's why it's so important for us to live close to the spirit and to repent as quickly as we can-so we can be worthy of the Spirit to help them understand.  It's been a great week fam, and we get to enjoy another great one this week.  Remember to stay in the scriptures to become men and women or a woman of Christ! Hel 3:29. Ours is the privilege and joy to become, to change, and to help others do the same.  Have a wonderful week!  Love you all!  Huuu rahh!

Elder Traasdahl


"Classic scenario on Thanksgiving. Pilgrims, dear, and indians."





More Pilgrims and indians and diinner at the McArthurs!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment