Okay so this last week was incredible! We had a few church tours which turned out wonderfully well. During the middle of the week R. met us at the church and we took him and gave him a run down. He attends a huge mega church out here called the Flat Irons Chruch. Like I'm talking thousands and thousands of people. It's an old supercenter wal-mart transformed into a church. It's really really upbeat and lots and lots of singing and dancing and getting your groove on. Anyways as we sat in the chapel and explained the Sacrament, he commented on the differences of his church and ours. He talked about how he felt and I was so happy he recognized what he was feeling because the Spirit was there so strong. He'll be going to General Conference and he's coming with his questions so it'll be great.
We also took R. and D. through the church. That went VERY well. They are set for October 26th to be baptized and they are going to make that. The Spirit was present there as well and they recognized it. They actually came to church and Sunday, looked sooo good with their newly purchased church clothes, participated, and really enjoyed it. We went over to their house after for a bbq and they kept telling all of their friends and family how much they enjoyed it and kept "recruiting" them. Haha it was so funny.
A few pretty solid referrals came from that. I love how when we experience feeling the Spirit in our lives, we automatically desire it for our family and friends, those who are closest to us. Sacrament was funny too. They both wanted to get up there and bear their testimonies but right when they would get up they'd sit back down really quickly, very nervous. I'm just glad they had the desire to get up there and testify about what they already know!
Alright alright alright so time's going way too fast right now so I need to hurry along and tell you where I'm at now. I am in PARKER, Colorado. Haha pretty sweet huh? I am serving with Elder Fleming who was one of our district leaders in Westminster a couple of transfers ago. He's a stud. 25, graduated college, super good at singing and playing, very knowledgable.
Alright so here's the rundown of the zone. We have 28 missionaries here which is one of the biggest zones. At least half are sisters but I think there is a little more than half here. It's part of the 6th richest county in the USA: Douglas County, and Parker --the city i'm in--, is the fastest growing city in the US as well. Everybody wants to be taught by us I guess.. Haha playing but speaking of being taught there's not a lot of that going on. For example each companionship averaged 1 new investigator every 3 weeks, they taught one and a half lessons to investigators last transfer as well. The organization here is not very good, as in the area book and zone binder was nonexistent. But ay it's a great opportunity to hit the ground running! We're staying at the B's. They are LEGIT. They're older but they have a 23 year old son D. who's a boss. We live downstairs in their basement. We live out in the country. This morning there was a group of some type of antelope out on the hills, and all of our neighbors own ranches. We're on 5 acres. So the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful set up. I'm super excited for this transfer.
Fam, just know that I know that Jesus Christ is really alive. He lives. I'm also excited for the opportunity to hear from His prophet and apostles this weekend.
The Atonement is real.
Let it work it's powers in your life as you come closer to Christ in the way He invites us to. I love you all! I will send pictures of everything next week. Have a wonderful and help others find their smiles this week! Love ya so much,
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment