Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, October 7, 2013

...That's a Fact and a Half!

It's a wonderful day to be a Mormon missionary! That my fam, is a fact and a half. Wasn't General Conference just incredible? I loved the messages that were given. The thing that really stood out to me this year was how all of the speakers sought revelation from the Lord on what to speak about. A scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 128:9-11 "It may seem to some to be a very bold doctrine that we talk of—a power which records or binds on earth and binds in heaven... whatsoever those men did in authority, in the name of the Lord, and did it truly and faithfully, and kept a proper and faithful record of the same, it became a law on earth and in heaven, and could not be annulled, according to the decrees of the great Jehovah... Now the great and grand secret of the whole matter, and the summum bonum of the whole subject that is lying before us, consists in obtaining the powers of the Holy Priesthood. For him to whom these keys are given there is no difficulty in obtaining a knowledge of facts in relation to the salvation of the children of men, both as well for the dead as for the living." If you have time study these verses. Those words were definitely exemplified during the conference sessions this past week because those addresses given were truly truly truly truly from the Lord. I absolutely loved it! 

Well my week was super super busy! I'll be honest. The organization in this area was seriously something that was zero fun to work with. So this last week we fixed all of that. There was a lot of administrative duties that were tended to and the foundation for a great transfer was set so we're all good to go now! We are currently only teaching one person. His name is F. His story is incredible. He studied at Juliard, Yale, and another big time school. He studied under some incredible violinist whose name I am forgetting. For the past 12 years he was in another country teaching music and was a Dean for a couple of medical schools there... He came back here after being miraculously saved to receive medical attention. He stumbled into an LDS church one night while the relief society was there and from there he began taking the lessons. He was actually only taught a couple time before I came here so we're still at the beginning stages which is super fun to be in. He attended all 4 sessions of conference. He is set for baptism and is super excited to become a member. 

Along the same lines some other good news is that I received a call from Elder Brennan back in Westminster. He informed me that a lady we were working with watched conference... She is married to a less active husband and attended church pretty frequently but still had a couple of deep hold ups. Anyways, long story longer, she called up the missionaries and said she wanted to be baptized! Apparently her concerns were answered (I wouldn't be surprised if it was from President Uchtdorf's talk) and she is set for baptism Oct. 26th! That's the same day as R. and D. Jr. up there as well. 

It was pretty interesting, I was reading about the 3 Nephites who desired to be missionaries for life. I've been loving my mission so much that I felt like I can totally relate to them. Haha no obviously I need to come home when service time has ended but just those thoughts made me realize how much I am loving and enjoying the time I get the serve the Lord in this fashion! I love you all and hope you have a great week! Dad hope the triathlon goes well! B-ray enjoy the break man! A-train. I'll keep ASU in the prayers this week. Love you all, have a wonderful week!
Elder Traasdahl.   


Taking a walk in between Conference Sessions


No comments:

Post a Comment