Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Friday, September 27, 2013

#Shredded Shoes...


IT'S OFFICIALLY AUTUMN BABY!!  Fam!  It feels incredible outside!  The weather is absolutely perfect.  There was actually a little bit of snow on the fourteeners out aways in the the distance so that was pretty sweet to see.  As always it was wonderful to hear from ya!  It's so great to hear you all are doing good.  This morning I had to get some new shoes because the one's  I am currently wearing are #shredded.   Anyways I'm glad Mother and fam, about Michelle's conversion!  Feels wonderful doesn't it?  Transfers are next week and I'm not too sure what's going to happen but I'm thinking that I will go to another area.  Prez doesn't usually keep a missionary in an area for more that 3 transfers and this is my 3rd transfer so I'm just trying to get my Sherlock on and act like I know what's going on.
 
Well this week will be the year mark for when I first came out into the field.  As I was walking from the car to the library many many memories started flooding in because of the nice cool weather and wind.  This last year of my life has been the most rewarding of any.  To that point this last week was incredible.  The Lord is blessing us with many people who have been prepared.  For the past 4 months or so of me being in this area I haven't seen very much "fruit" of my labors.  So once again I come into an area and learn the joys of going hard in the paint and being diligent!  This last week though we found 4 new investigators and set a few more on date.  R., one of my favorite people I've taught so far, he's cuban and from florida, decided to make October 19th a goal for him to be take upon the name of Christ through Baptism.  He has incredible faith in Jesus Christ and has wonderful intentions.  Solid to say the least.  We also have R. and her grandson D. Jr. set for Oct. 26th.  They have a strong desire as well.  We've been working with them for awhile now and their testimonies and fairth have increased so much since we first knocked on their door.  We are also teaching R. still. We had him set to be baptized this weekend but we feel that we should push it back so that he is really ready and knows what a commitment he will be making.
 
Batting clean up we have a guy who we found this last week named D. and his 8 year old son R.  We were contacting potentials and formers and knocked a few doors each area we went to.  We decided to do one last door on the street before we went to a new area.  It just so happend that this door was D's door.  As we testified of the Restoration and offered to say a prayer with him, he readily let us in.  The Spirit, again was the real worker and teacher.  As we talked with him we expressed his desire to come closer to Christ and Elder Brennan and I both had the baddabing baddaboom baddabang feeling in our hearts and testified some more!  He is taking the lessons now.  We also have R. still.  She is struggling with smoking but she came to church and has quit for 8 days so we are super proud of her.  There's also L. who we found this week from tracting.  He's on board as well.  Another family who came into the picture this last week was the H. family.  They haven't been coming to church for a while now and have two kids A. and A. who are 12 and 9 who we invited to take the lessons and they said they wanted to!  There's a few more really solid potentials like K. and K. who we're going back to teach this next week and the C. family who were going to be baptized when they lived in Wisconsin but then moved hear rather unexpectedly.  We are going back a week from this upcoming tuesday because they are leaving town.
 
It just blows my mind with how much the Lord blessed this area this past week.  I'm beginning to see some pretty sweet results from working here.  I'm just glad I have the opportunity to meet all of these people, to get to know them, their dreams, their struggles, their questions, and how the gospel of Jesus Christ applies specifically to them.  Fam, I know without an empty space of my heart that we are sent to this earth to have joy, and that  the fullest measure of joy we're meant to have can only be found by adhereing to Christ's doctrine his gospel.  I also know that we all have things that we need to change, that we need to repent of and work on.  I'm just grateful for a Savior who allows me to become better, who let's me be relieved of all the burdens that come with making mistakes by enjoying the blessings of his Atonement through repenting and then helpoing others enjoy those blessings as well.  Thank you for all of the love you send my way, it helps me get those warm fuzzys that come with the love and loyalty that families have and then want to go out and spread those warm fuzzys to other families. I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Know that I love and appreciate all that you do.
Elder Traasdahl

 



 
Thus the Shredded Shoes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment