Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I love My Savior

FAM!!!  Sorry I'm a little later today.  We were golfing this morning with some members.  After the first hole it hailed half an inch so we rain checked that real quick and on the way home stopped elsewhere and played a little par 3 executive course.  It was tons and tons and tons of fun.  Just super peaceful and relaxing and it's true what they say, the Lord blesses those who participate in missionary work because my shot was on point today! 

Mom! I sent a letter in the mail for your birthday.  I was a little bummed I couldn't sneak over into the Knight's yard and pick you a bouquet of flowers but I figured a letter was probably the best bet at this point... Dad!! Check you out man! Alright so pencil this in... Ironman in Hawaii Nov. 2016.

So this last week was one of the craziest weeks on the mission. I don't think we were able to get to bed before 11:15 pm or wake up after 6:00 am every day of the week. There were so many crazy miracles slash experiences, from boarding up elders that locked themselves out of their house to a busy Sunday. I'll share the most important ones. 

First off, I need to mention that I absolutely love where I'm serving! I am learning so so much. It's insane and super exciting. On Sunday morning we had to wake up at 4:30 am to make it to a 6:00 meeting with the stake presidency, the bishops, and ward mission leaders, and missionaries serving in the stake. Oh and President Toombs attended as well.  My companion and I led a discussion on how missionaries could be used more effectively by the bishops and ward mission leaders.  Super sweet experience.  After the meeting, the stake president, who is going to be a general authority #no.doubt., invited us to a meeting with him and his counselors and the high counselor over missionary work. We talked and counseled together about how to infuse the vision that our zone created at our zone meeting on Thursday into the stake. 

I learned so much from just that one meeting about a master administrator and minister in the Stake President.  Anyways we went to ward council following that and during the middle of the meeting Bishop got a call. It was from our investigator F.  After a little discussion he hangs up and says, "Elders, we've got to fill up the font, we're having a baptism today."  F. was set for the 19th a couple weeks ago. Just last week we felt inspired to set him for this Sunday. We worked out all the logistical things last week and were ready to go for the 13th until bishop said we should just wait to next week.  What ended up happening is F. is moving to Nevada to live near his brother on Tuesday so next week end couldn't work. So we proceeded to get everything ready and we had a baptism for him yesterday afternoon.  

It was such an incredible experience. I wish I could just relate F's whole experience and story to you now but it's too long and too intense to be able to do it over an email so that'll be one I'll share the night I get home.  His story is a miracle. 

Fam, really quickly I just want to share how much I love my Savior.  This past few weeks have been the best on my mission.  I've felt the Spirit guide and direct me in such an incredible way. Also I'm grateful for the opportunity to have power in the priesthood along with the authority. I love how we as mortal beings can prove ourselves and strive to be worthy and then to use that worthiness to be a conduit to blessing the lives of others. I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!


Love y'all!
Elder Traasdahl

The future is in good hands

Parker, Colorado....  Beautiful

Serving til the Sun goes down... and then some


Sunday's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment