Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This Week Has been a Treasure

FAM!!


Glad to hear from you all this week.  Sounds like everybody is doing good in the Traazydaazy hood!  Alright so here's the situation.  We went to another library today because the one we usually go to is flooded out.  And I'm pretty sure the rest of Westminster was on the same page we were because this place is packed!  Hopefully I can get the full time to email but the way it's looking, I'm not. So I'm going to get my need for speed on and pump up the jam! 

Okay so I just got done having lunch with Noah.  He came by on the Ark and picked us up on his way to the temple.  Haha I'm playing but it really is crazy crazy wet out here.  I'm sure you've heard but there has been soooo much water coming from above.  The two places that have gotten hit the most are Boulder and Manatu Springs...   We haven't been affected because Westminster sits on a hill and all the water that comes here just keeps on flowing down.  It's been a great opportunity for people to become humble though.  We are having a lot more in depth conversations with people that we otherwise wouldn't have. 3 Nephi 11:39-40. Teaches all of the wonderful lessons that come with making sure we are built upon a sure foundation so that when the storms of life and temptations comes our way, we can stand strong.

I do have to tell you about a couple of experiences I had this past week. The first that I'll tell you actually happened last night.  Our neighbors are the M's.   J. the dad, S. his wife and their little daughters K. and B.  To describe J. in just a few words I'd describe him with the tags of Duck Dynasty and Larry the Cable Guy.  They did not want anything to do with us when we first got there but as time has passed and little acts of service here and there have been rendered we were able to teach them last night and go over the Book of Mormon.  S. had some wonderful questions.  They are some of my favorite people that I have met on my mission so far, we are really close friends.  I'm just glad we were able to give them the most important thing to us, that being our testimonies and the Book of Mormon.  It's pretty sweet to see how hearts are softened when people are exposed to the Spirit.  

The other experience came last Wednesday at our Mission Tour.  Elder Lawrence Corbridge from the First Quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us.  He is a powerful man.  Filled with the Spirit.  I was given the opportunity to conduct the meeting and it was an amazing experience being able to sit with Elder Corbridge and President Toombs on the stand and to talk with them personally.  My testimony of the structure and organization of the church definitely grew that day.  His message to us was about the message that we carry around the world to the people.  He broke it down to the most important thing that we share with others.  We concluded that our message kind of takes the form of a destination/route relationship. 

Our destination is to be redeemed of Sin through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, be endowed with power from God with the Holy Ghost being our constant companion, and qualifying for eternal life.  The route we take to get there is by living the Doctrine and Gospel of Jesus Christ.  By experiencing the blessings of the Atonement as we exercise faith in Christ, repent of our sins, take upon his name in Baptism, recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end, cheerfully doing all things that lie within our power so we can stand in front of Jesus Christ one day with the utmost assurance that we tried our best to follow Him and do what He has asked us.  Boom -- and again I am so siked that I am a missionary carrying this message to the people of Colorado!  This week has been a treasure, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to be experiencing all of this. 

Fam, I love you all!  Keep doing what it do, stay true, hold fast, and know that I love ya!
Elder Traasdahl


The Fab Five say goodbye to Elder Anderson -
Time for him to report home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment