Riding with Jesus
Sniffing the Pollen
Getting mauled by Cats
And going Against the Wind!"
Mi familia!!! As always it's great to hear from ya. I woke up this morning and yelled out "It's P-day!!!!!!" 1st reason was to wake up the other guys so we could go play ball and the 2nd and most important reason was because I get to hear from you!!! It's P-day baby!!!
I'm doing wonderful. I finished my mormon.org profile and I really hope it's all good and people get the joke because I said I'm Mr. Incredible's stunt double... My health is great, I'm gainin some extra --I don't want to say weight -- so i'll call it floatin mass to help me swim like b-ray when I get home. Haha it's not good. Anyways don't want to dwell on that. This last week Elder Schmitt and I really cranked out Just Serve, finding different projects for that and getting all of our companionships to 10 hours. There's 5 companionships of sisters in our zone. Two of the companionships are sharing a car and so as you can imagine Elder Schmitt and I are learning a lot.
We had a really neat experience on Friday. We drove Elder Fleming and Elder Farr to a trainers meeting this last week in Aurora and on the drive we saw a lot of our African American, polynesian, and asian brothers and sisters. As we were driving we hoped to get assigned to this area sometime because serving in a multi-cultural area has been my dream on the mish. We dropped the elders off and had to wait for the meeting and decided to take advantage of the time we had in the area. So we went out and talked to as many people as we could! We said a prayer and asked the Lord to lead us to those who were prepared and who needed us that day and went on our way.
We came across a lot of neat brothers who were absolutely hilarious to talk with. I just felt at home for a little but there was one fellow who we really had a neat experience with. His name was E. and he's straight out of Ghana about a year. When we approached him you could tell he was a little hesistant but we stuck out our hand, shook his and from there it was a wrap. We began to talk to him and offered to say a prayer with him and he agreed. We established what were the specific things he wanted to prayer for and standing on the street we folded our arms and began to pray with him. Haha he's expression was the whole "Wow geez, we're in public -- people can see us!" but as the prayer went on and as we said our amens he was really appreciative of it.
His spirit's were lifted and he was filled with a little more light than he woke up with. We gave him a mormon.org card with our number on it and he said he'd give us a call or refer himself on the website to the missionaries in the area. I'm not sure what's going to happen with the whole situation but all I know is that he is one step closer, a little bit more prepared than he was before we met him. That's the big take away for me this week.
We all have opportunities each day to help! It's all about giving others a little more light then they entered the day with. It's a great opportunity but even a greater responsibility as we try our best to stand as witnesses of Christ. We have many many many chances each day to help somebody out and the Spirit will help us recognize those people through promptings.
Alma 27:27 "...they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and towards men, for they were PERFECTLY HONEST AND UPRIGHT before all men, and they were firm in the faith of Christ even unto the end." Obviously that's a great scripture on honesty and integrity but I applied it to myself this week about being honest with myself. Being true to myself. Holding fast to what I know. A lot of that comes with knowing I received a prompting whether it's through a thought or feeling and then acting on that. And staying true and honest with myself, feeling confident that I can be entrusted with those promptings and situations. (I'm sure that whole idea isn't coming off as I want it to because it's one of those abstract lessons but hopefully you all can take something away from it.) DON'T LET A PROMPING, THOUGHT OR FEELING PASS BY WITHOUT ACTING! Fam, life's great. The work's wonderful. Let me know what I can do for any of you or anybody in general back home!
Love you all!
Elder Tyler Traasdahl
Denver North Mission be fore it split.





No comments:
Post a Comment