Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I am doing absolutely fantastic

CLICK HERE TO SEE ELDER TRAASDAHL'S MORMON.ORG PROFILE


Traasdahl Fam! Greetings from Elder T in my Colorado hoooo to the oood!  Anyways what's happenin fam?  First things first.  Dad, I've already made the decision for you, you're doing the triathlon.  Haha I need you to prepare so you have some real time experience so you can show me the ropes when I get back!  Mom, I love you lots and lots and it's soooo good to get your emails and updates on the fam.  Congrats to Tod and Lex!  Aust that email was hilariouis. I sent it to a couple missionaries that are in the library with me and they are a ways off but all I hear is out loud laughs, and of course it was these guys laughing at the email.  So you entertained the library today.  

Also, B-ray how's water polo going man? and how's the scripture reading?!  Okay well you're wonderful fam!  I'm glad you had the opportunity to get to know the Elder serving in the ward so well.  It's seriously night and day difference when you feel like the ward you're in is family rather than just people that aren't too interested in ya.  So keep making every missionary feel like they're at home! 

Okay okay okay alright alright so now to me and my week.  I am doing absolutely fantastic. I created a mormon.org profile this week so feel free to check it out.  It's part of the whole trying to use all of the resources God's blessed us with for the purposes of furthering His work!  We had 3 baptisms in our zone this week and we were asked to interview the Mario and Brittany, two of the three that were baptized.  I have to say that conducting baptismal interviews is one of my favorite parts about being a missionary.  It's so powerful to see the faith that these people have and their desire to follow the example of Christ when they find out for themselves, with that witness from the Holy Ghost that this is right. I've pondered a lot alot alot about what I get to experience while being in this role as Christ's servant.  

Throughout the days as we go talk to different people it's incredible to me how many people don't know that they have the option to be happy.  They're going through life trying to make it on their own because they don't know that God is their Father in Heaven and as such loves them infinitely.  He's waiting, ready, wanting and wishing that they would believe in Him and in His Son Jesus Christ.  It's sad to see God's children chained down by the adversary's tools whether it's the addictive nature of drugs, destructiveness of anger, loss of love in husband-wife relationships, loss of appreciation for service and sacrifice of others on their behalf.  It's really opened my eyes to a deeper level of appreciation and perspective regarding how blessed I've been to have two incredible parents that have taught me the ways of the gospel, the way to actually enjoy life in all of it's aspects even when there are trials.  Mom you mentioned some of the trials I've had in my life but although I was frustrated at some points with the perspective I had at the time, I was always at peace through it all.  I was consistently happy with the allotment that I have been given. 

It's been a joy to share with people what is learned in Acts 17:27-29. "That they should seek Him, if haply they might find Him, though He be not far from every one of us. For in Him we live, we move, and have our being, as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought no to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device."  I memorized that this morning so it might not be word for word but hopefully you get the main point.  It's been so fun sharing with people that God is their actual Father.  We are His actual children.  He loves us.  He wants the best for us.  He wants us to return to live with Him.  That's why He gave us this opportunity to come to this world upon our agreement. To gain a body and do the things that we need to (living the Gospel with it's ordinances and everythang) in order to return to live with him as families.  And to that end I am so so so so so  so pumped to know what I know.   Doctrine and Covenants 130:2. That same sociality (the family unit!) which exists amons us here will exist among us there only it will be couple with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy.  Well fam I love you all!  Let me know what I can do for you all!!
Till next week which will probably feel like 2 and 1/3 days,
Elder Traasdahl!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment