Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A day in the life and times of Elder Traasdahl

Bryttney was Baptized!

Ainttttt noooo sunshineeeee wheeeennnnnn sheeeee'sssss goneeeeeee!!!! Man that song has been stuck in my head all day! Okay and so no one is worried, "She" in this sense = those going to be in the Fort Collins Mission. Haha don't want you to think it's an actually "she" as in someone from the femail species.  I'm consecrated baby!!  Haha okay so here's why today is such a big day in the life and times of Elder Traasdahl.  I am officially in a new mission and a lot of my brothas are in the Fort Collins Mission. That's sad news so we won't dwell on it. RIP Boys . 

Exciting news- The new mission I'm in, which will keep the Colorado Denver North Title, is going to be stacked.  We are picking up the highest baptizing stake from the Springs mission with Parker, Colorado. (I'm hoping I serve there cause that'd be pretty cool huh PK?) and then we're getting the Arapaho and Denver stakes from the South missoin.  Those happen to be the highest baptizing stakes in that mission as well.  And also we are keeping the Aurora and Denver North stake from our old missoin which were the highest too.  That's kinda kinda way way exciting for us.  This last week was incredible.  Bryttney was baptized!  It was such a memorable experience.  She bore her testimony at the end and said, with a lot more eloquence, that she know's it's true and she wants to love our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ back, so she wants to do what they ask her.  It was particularly impressive because all against her getting baptized were there and she just went up  and said it how it is.  Haha it was sweet.  

Our new mission will have 4 AP's next tansfer.  The two we already had and then one from the South mission and one from the Springs.  Elder Anderson and Elder Gwilliam are the new guys and they are actually serving in our ward for this next week. Then they'll go down to the Arapaho stake and we'll get two other missionaries replacing them.  Transfers are a week from today so we'll know exactly what's going down then.  Exciting though! We set R. with a date of Aug. 10th so keep her and R.B.  in your prayers!  R's date is Aug. 3rd and she's trying to quit smoking and has made incredible progress but still has some to go.  Speaking of prayers I really do feel the prayers coming from you guys so thanks so much for those!  Prayers really do lift and bless those who's in behalf they are offered!  

As we were teaching R. this past week we taught her the priciple of excersizing faith in Christ and then following him as Christ, Himself, tells us to do in 2nd Nephi 31. Specifically vs 10 but as you read the surrounding chapters notice how many times the word "follow" comes up.  Six I'm pretty sure but then again I've been out of school for over a year now so you might want to recheck that. Haha but when I think of the act of 'following' my mind goes to sports.  If we truly are following a team we don't just passively root for them or wait to hear how they did if one of our friends talks about it.  That's not a true follower.  Any real fan knows that to follow their team they're in it, they're constanty rooting for the team, backing their team up when another disses that team, they're watching the games, ordering wings and wearing the jersey, checking the stats, watching the draft, pre-season, post-season player movement etc, etc.  It's the same way with following our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  If we truly are following Him like we committed to do when we were baptized, or even to some degreee when we signed up to come to this earth and prove ourselves, then we are truly and in reality engaged in action. We take upon ourselve Christ's name, we stand as a witness, we are constantly trying to appreciate the power that comes through the Atonement as we repent, trying to change so we can be more at peace, more happy. We magnify our callings, attend our meetins, serve others, etc etc.  In essence by following Christ it goes back to acting like Christ would, doing what he would do, trying as he would try.  That's something that I can bear testimony on for days!  But fam I just want you to know that I know what I'm doing is right.  Sharing the Gospel has brought me joy.  I finally feel like I know what peace feels like.  I've felt it before but this is to a whole notha level that it's becoming to be a knowledge. A truth to me.  I love being on the front row seats and watching the work of the Lord play out during this historic time.  We will be blessed as we do all we can to serve our brothers and sisters and help them find their faith in Christ.  I was so excited when I heard, mom and dad, that you were able to participate in a lesson.  Take every opportunity you can get!  Make those opportunities to have people feel the Spirit that's in our home!  You too B and A-train! 

There is no more fulfilling work then helping our Father in Heaven gather His children into the fold of His Son, and our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  It is what it is and I declare that in Jesus Christ's name, A to the MEN!!


Elder Tyler Traasdahl
"Just thougth I'd Try it"


"From the Heart"


Yep, Elder Traasdahl discovered his new camera works...


I'm grateful this young man was CALLED TO SERVE!  
(Click to see Video)






No comments:

Post a Comment