Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BECOMING


F to the A to the M to the i'm "ILY!!"  How are you all?  Mom I must say that was a very impressive letter. Hahaha it was so funny! You too A-Tizzleton! Fam fam fam, I'm glad you guys had a great 4th. God Bless America baby!  Dad, if you really want I can give ya a little tutorial on how to properly light a firework safely... Haha I'm so glad God has blessed us with imaginations because a lot of very fantastic laughs come from me imagining in my head all of the stories I hear from you guys at home, like the firework experience.  Haha I'm glad you used them though!  I had a pretty dang good 4th myself.  A lot of people park in the Stake Center's parking lot to watch the fireworks at night so we put our thinking caps on, devised a little plan, for all those people to learn a little more about the Mormons.  Here's what we did.  We figured that we had a very rare situation on our hands- people were actually coming to us rather than us trying to chase them down, so we took advantage of it. We got a few popcorn and snow cone machines, and glow sticks.  We opened the doors, put on our smiles, and went to work!  We invited all the firework viewers to get some of the goodies that were right by the front doors of the church, once there we invited them to come inside on a church tour and look at the pictures of Christ on the walls.  We explained our belief in Christ, as our Savior and Redeemer and the Son of God and essentially focused on Him the entire time along with America being the promised land, except when questions would come up and the people would ask about other points of doctrine.  It was a really neat experience being able to have a very open discussion about our beliefs.  Now, I'm not sure all of the direct effects of it and how successful it was but I think we will really get to see the results of it next year when people come again and bring their friends.  I did beat 6 kids in a game of 3 flys up though so that was a pretty big deal for me!  Haha anyways, this last week we found a family that wanted to learn more and who seem pretty legit!  It's a household of 5 generations.  We're teaching the Great grandma P., her daughter R., and then R's grankids who are 14 and 7.  We're trying to get R's son but he's a bounty hunter and works 24/7.  They have questions about why we're here on earth, what we do as missionaries, our belief in God, and how the gospel can bless their family.  When I heard that I was like "Oh let me tell ya..."  Haha we're going back this week --t so I'll get at you next week with how it goes.  

Oh and news for transfer- I'm staying with Elder Schmitt for another one.  I expected it so it wasn't a big surprise but the cool thing is we are getting sisters in our ward.  And the AP's that came from the other missions before the split still live in our ward because the ward they live in doesn't have housing.  So Elder Schmitty and I are moving into Sister Ellis' with the AP's for this transfer and the sisters will come stay where we have been living. It's going to be insanium in the cranium with the four of us there because we all are really good friends...!

We had a Mission Leadership Council this last week and it was very interesting.  Essentially, we had to combine three mission cultures into one.  Eventually we were able to come up with all the ingredients for the new CDNM culture...   A vision is necessary for anybody or any organization who wants to succeed.  They need to know who they want to Become.  Next there needs to be objectives on how to reach that vision, or things that they are going to do to get to where they want to be.  And then comes the strategy or using all of the resources you can to be the most effective you can be.  Vision ---> Objectives ---> Strategy = BECOMING!  Values are vital to this little equation.  They are the driving force behind acting the way we act or doing what we do.  I love the integrity question of 'how do you act when no one in watching?'   I've learned that we act the way our values allow and influence us to.  I think about the purpose of mission statement of the church.  In layman's terms to get all of God's children to return to live back with Him.  So that's the vision.  Objectives: perfect the saints, missionary work, temple work.  Strategies: all of the resources - manuals, buildings, website, members, etc.  So all in all this next week I'm going to formulate the vision of Elder Tyler Traasdahl.  And I'm going to write down the values I have or want to have.  So it was a little more of an odd lesson I learned but I think it's going to help out a ton!  The takeaway: Formulate the vision that you guys have with something specific!  Work, school, jobs, salvation... haha.  Seriously formulate it and then go through the steps to achieve!  

Fam I love ya tons, I'm sorry it was a little scattered email but as I've said transfers are today.  We have a lot of running around to do that starts in 30 minutes and will go till late tonight.  Above all just know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all!  Drawing upon that love, and your examples has helped me day in and day out as I try to stand worthy to be a servant of the Lord!  Love ya all!  Let me know if I can do anything for ya!
Elder I Can't Believe I'm Already 10 Months into the Whole Operation.



No comments:

Post a Comment