We're officially one week down into 2013 baby!! Holy friholes and did it fly by or what? So let's begin the updates for this week. I'll start off with a story that might be amusing to you guys.. Okay so on Friday we were on exchanges and I was with another greenie, Elder Burton. We had a great day but there were two highlights, one being the funny story. We visited a less active lady... We walked in the house and got lick-attacked by a german shepherd/greyhound mix dog named Sky. Right when we sit down, being in love with dogs like I am, I let that thing lick my face up and down and it was weird because from the first lick till like the fifteenth lick before I could shove her away, I smelt this really nasty dog poo smell. And it confused me but the clarifaction came rather soon. Right when the lady came in the room she slipped and fell. We huslted over to pick her up and all she did was yell "SKY!!!!!!!!!" in the most incredibly "you're busted" tone of voice I have ever heard. It was impressive mom. Then I look around and see this fat pile of doggy doo doo with a long foot long skid mark, obvisously where she stepped. Then I realized dogs don't use toilet paper... So long story short Sky dumped, the sister slipped and got pooh all over her leg and back, and I got my answer. I seriously almost died.
Okay and the next highlight with Elder Burton came right after that meeting. We were sitting in the car about to take off when we we decided to change our plans of who we were going to visit. We sat in the car and went over the area book and a man came up to the window and knocked on it. You should've seen Elder Burton's face, haha he straight up thought we were going to get mugged. We got out of the car and the first thing this guy said was, " I wasn't plannin on talking to you guys but something kept telling me I should ask you guys for a Bible." We handed him a Bible and a Book of Mormon and explained it to him. He continued to tell us his name was DaBid and he lived in DenBer. (He couldn't pronounce his v's). He said he was looking for something and felt right talking to us so we got a sweet referral for the missionaries down in the "less holy" Denver South Mission! That was my first time that someone, who was sincerely searching and interested, came up to us. Better believe that story went into the journal!!
Okay and so on to our teaching pool updates. WE HAVE 3 NEW INVESTIGATORS!!!! The first one is a girl named Bxxxxxxxx. And that's how she spells her name and don't mispel it because you'll hear about it for 'the rest of the lesson'. She was taught by missionaries a long time ago but being a foster child she moved around and she also got in trouble with the law so the lessons have been put on hold for a long while now. But we found her and are starting to teach her again. I can tell this is going to be one of those 'in it for the long haul-ers' because she gets distracted by the littlelest things. I mean like "oh wow how do you think they put buttons on your shirts?" right in the middle of talking about how God is our loving Heavenly Father. Haha it's going to be a fun one!
The other two investigators are S. and N. We found them as we were tracting in an apartment complex. The people in the building next door "kicked us out" and so we went to the next building. And baddabing baddaboom baddabang after a few weeks of praying and putting in some effort the Lord provided! They work almost 24/7 but we are meeting with them tonight where our goal is going to commit them to baptism. #wedon'tmess. All three of them came to church yesterday which was remarkable. The only sketchy thing was, being fast and testimony meeting, a lady who has been wayward for awhile with some substances went up and bore a 25 minute long testimony. I'm pretty sure she was still a little wayward & on some substances while she was up there given the things she talked about. So trying my best to save our investigators interest I got up there and bore my testimony after feeling the BOOM from the Spirit. I am getting a lot better at talking in front of big crowds, so I'm excited about that.
Braden! gotta pass the sacrament, say what?!?! That's awesome man! I got your letters mom and dad and will write back to you guys as soon as I can carve out a little bit of time. Thanks a ton for all of the insights and thoughts you shared with me in those, they really do help out a ton every time. Also thanks for sending a collage of picutres from the previous week's events! It's always so good to hear about how you guys are doing but it's ALWAYS SOOOO GOOOD TO SEE how you guys are doing as well! I love you all.
Favorite scripture this week Alma 34. Talks about laboring unceasingly to bring souls unto repentance. I love the whole unceasingly part about that scripture. Gives me a lot of motivation to get up and go when things are definitely not gettin up and going. Also Alma 5:26. If ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love can ye feel so now? Or something like that. If you can't and you don't feel like warming up those pipes with a little 'doe ray me fa so la ti doe' then figure out why you don't and work it out with our Father in Heaven!! Let me tell ya something, you guys know my voice is not sooo on the pleasant to listen to --by any means--, but I sing nonetheless. And it's because I'm loving what I'm doing and I feel like it and it's the best feeling in the world. If you feel like singing now, which I'm positive all you guys do, then carry that tune into someone else's life so they can jam out with you!! Love you guys, have a great week! Know that I pray in gratitude for you guys each night. Luv ya!!
No comments:
Post a Comment