So first things first-- We have a little action brewing this past week on the whole teaching pool list! We went tracting on Saturday in an apartment complex... We spent about 3 1/2 hours there and found 8 potentials. A few of them invited us back but don't seem too too serious or interested but there were about 3 that we feel pretty solid about. And we're pumped because we need some people to teach!! We are following up with all of them over the next few days so next email hopefully we have some great news concerning that! We also went tracting for a few hours yesterday and found a couple more solid potentials that we have return appointments with on Saturday so again, hopefully we have some smiley faces to report.
Alright alright alright alright so this last Sunday we had the chance to teach the Jr. and Sr. Primaries about the First Vision. As I was sitting there participating in all the fun activities before we taught I couldn't help but remember the time I had to teach B-ray's class with all of his friends right before I left on my mission. I miss it so much! It's crazy cray to think B-rizzle's 12 already and will be walking up and down the isles passing the sacrament.
So it was really fun messing around with all the kids and giving them goofy answers when they asked us questions at the end but the best part about that whole experience was being able to testify and be testified to from the children about the reality of the First Vision and how these young kids know that when they have a question they can pray to their loving Father in Heaven who wants to answer them and who will answer them! There was this stud little kid named Judge who is about five or so who basically said "yup, whenever I have a problem I ask and then listen" and then he related a time when he lost his the amazing spiderman toy. And he related his experience of looking, becoming frustrated, praying, looking again and then finding it. It was neat to see the principle that he explained. We put forth our effort when we need something, then we ask God for help because we realize we can't do it alone, then we put forth our effort again, and the Lord provides in the way that will be best for us, whether or not that is the way that we think is best for us. Another thing I learned this week is that happiness is a decision. Adversity may leave us slowly, really really slowly, or we can decide to be happy and do what we need to do to get there and then all of a sudden the burdens of that adversity can't effect us anymore. Missionary scripture reference time! - In Mosiah 24:13-14 it basically says as we come unto Christ and do what we need to do the Lord will ease the burdens that are on our shoulders, even to the point that we cannot feel them on our backs. So that was fun to learn and apply!
We also went bowling on Monday for pday. Earlier that day we went to goodwill to drop off some clothes and I saw this SWEET bowling trophy. So I got it and it was for the winner of the bowling championship. So we played a couple of games to warm up and then had our legit "this is for real" "make it or break it" "this actually counts for the prize" game. So this being like my 4th time bowling in my life I wasn't expecting anything but as it turned out I won with a score of 130. So basically I bought my own trophy which was incredibly awkward as I tried to explain to everyone that I really don't know how to bowl and that this wasn't supposed to be for me. Everyone signed it and we turned the bowler on the trophy into a missionary so that was pretty funny but we are going to sneak it into the mission office's trophy display case. That's going to be some ninja fun.
Oh and some other cool news. Our mission and some mission in Texas are going to be the pilot missions for a new program that the First Presidency wants to try out called Just Serve. Basically, it is a way to get involved in the community so the people become more familiar with us and so they know that we serve others. We get to serve for different churches, programs, orginazations for 10 hours per week. We can't proselyte while we serve but if other volunteers have questions then we can answer them. Essentially it's giong to be doing a lot of cool service projects and making lots and lots of friends along the way so I'm pumped!
I should tell you a funny story. Elder Wengreen and I came up with this saying "What's a comfort zone?" in the efforts to act like we don't have a comfort zone and that we can go talk to anybody, invite anybody to make commitments, and to be able to talk in front of any number of people. We go through our day and challenge each other to go contact different people and if the other tries to get out of it we just say "What's a comfort zone elder?" And then usually the other will go do it except Wengreen get's out of it a lot because he refuses. But anyways we came across a street corner preacher the other day and I receive the challenge. So I went up and started talking to him and I found out a lot of neat things about what we believe. Oh and he is also a prophet that talks to both God and the Devil so he knows everything. So if you guy's didn't know it there is a dual-prophet out here in Arvada and the corner of 53rd ave and Kipling. Okay well I have to write my email to prezzz so I need to go but I love you all. Me= equals the most blessed person evaaaa for getting a fam like you. Make someone's day each day this week and keep being the example of believers! Love you all!
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment