K so I don't have verrry much time this week so I'm going to stretch out a little bit right quick... (finger pull: one and to and three and four, arm circles: one and two and three and four, and high knees: one and two and three and four) okay we're straight. So how about General Conference huh?! Elder L. Tom Perry and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland = my favorite two talks. These guys know how to lay down the law! Go get em coaches! I loved conference this year! So many good talks. I thought it was pretty neat that a few of the themes that came across, at least to me, is how real the attacks from the adversary on the family are and how vitally important it is to have a Christ-centered home. I thoroughly enjoyed reflecting back on my time in our home and how I can honestly admit, Mom and Daddyo, that you guys have raised your four boys in a Christ-centered home. Like legit-ly. It was, is, and always will be a safe-haven from the devil's temptations, a refuge from the world, an institution of learning, an opportunity to learn and then live the Gospel, and a big ole box of some fabulous memories!
It's hard going into homes where the Gospel and in turn, the Spirit are not present. I can't imagine how lost, how confused, and how unhappy, perhaps unknowingly, because of the missed opportunities and lack of knowledge, lack of love, peace, comfort, joy, that only a life of living the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ inherently bring. It makes my resolve to bring the gospel into as many homes and families as I can go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up! Also, Elder Holland's talk on belief was incredible. I don't know if it'd be possible but can you guys maybe download the some general conference talks from lds.org and send me the cd's? I've memorized every song on every cd I've had. You guys would be proud.
Speaking of being proud you guys would be proud of me. Right before the priesthood session your elder here ate a habanero pepper. That little sucker almost killed me. Haha it was SO HOT!! I took a video but it doesn't do it justice because it only catches the first 20 seconds or so. Doesn't catch the remaining 29 minutes and 40 seconds of h e double hockey sticks! But hey now I can say I ate a habanero. And just to add on to your proudness we went out to Buffalo Wild wings after priesthood session with our Elders Quorum from the ward. Our Elder quorum president, Prezzy prez Edwards who is sooooo tight, heard we did the the blazin before and thought it'd be fun for the whole quorum to watch us do it again. So since we are only on our missions once Elder McCullough and I did it. And it burned. Burned Burned Burned Burned. Let's just say that whole thing is like a three day operation of pain. As far as reporting goes for our investigators, Dela came to the Saturday morning session of conference at the stake center with us. She loved it, and she was one who had some serious doubts about the Book of Mormon but this last week we taught a very powerful lesson and she committed to read and pray exersizing her faith, and BAM. She got her answer! She was so excited to tell us. We are going to set her with a date this week but she is the heaviest smoker I know. That's where all her money goes as in she's lighting it up every 5 to 10 minutes so we're excited to watch a miracle happen as she kicks that addiction to the curb! Also we are teaching C. today. Or at least we have an appointment set up. We ate dinner with her last night at a members home (which was so great because that's where the real work goes on as we heard from conference. Members/investigators. Duo two-o.) So all in all it was a great week but I am about out of time. I love you all and am so grateful for you! Let me know if I can do anything for ya! Much love from the 720!
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment