Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, April 1, 2013

A Scripture a Day

Hollaback y'all!! It's a greatttttt great great day all up in here in Arvada, CO! The weather has been incredible lately. 75-80 for the past 4 days or so and it's looking like it's going to be nice like that for a while. I love springtime because of the whole "new beginning/fresh start" mood that comes along with it.  Everyone's outside now on the fields playing ball - soccer, football, baseball, softball.  As we were cruisin this past week I just had a ton of great memories flood in as we would pass by the ball fields.  Men's Leagues here I come!!  Bout to tear it up wearing the ace bandages and gettin my high school harry on!

Anyways this week was pretty pretty sweet.  And a little weird.  I'll start with the sweet then get into the weird. So I went on exchanges with the zone leaders and had a great time.  We went to teach a former or actually a few formers names S., the dad, and S. and J., his sons. We had a great lesson centered on 2 Nephi 2 and the plan of salvation.  As we talked it was very apparent that these guys were prepared.  They were asking very good questions and when we told them the answers you could just see and feel the Holy Ghost testify to them, to let them know that hey, this is what truth feels like.  They all committed to baptism and S., the son actually asked how he can become a missionary because he's had some trouble in his former life and he has a strong testimony of the Savior. It was soooo sweet! 


We had a great week of inviting a ton of people to church for easter and going into Sunday morning it looked really promising, but as time went on and we went from the song to the opening prayer to announcements it wasn't looking so pretty.  Not a whole lot of people who said they'd come made it, except for S. and N. They are awesome, we're actually teaching them today at 4:00 so I'll let you know how that goes next week, but they are moving along great.  C., our only other interested investigator, or interested to the point where she actually acts, is going pretty good as well.  We are meeting with her tonight at 5:30 so again I'll let you know about that next week!  We're going to set her with a date today so we're pretty excited about that. 


Easter was great though, our ward is sooooo sick. There are so many families that are way way way fun, I just love being in this ward!  Our teaching pool is pretty low so this week we are going to focus on finding.  I'm so grateful that I'm experiencing this blessing of being on a mission because my perspective is growing so much in so many different areas.  One of which is member missionary work and how effective and important it is!  Haha I was a bum with it before I came out but after experiencing this side of things I'm going to be an all-star member missionary when I get back!  Oh and hook the missionaries in our ward up, get them some referrals!! 


Recently, I've been memorizing a scripture a day because I'm pretty sure I remember President Monson saying something to the point where if you memorize a scripture a day then you'll have a photographic memory after a year or something like that.  Anyways, it's helped a whooooooole lot!  I find myself having scriptures come to my mind that I previously memorized in time when I'm teaching, or pondering, or have been put into not so virtuous circumstances from the outside world.  A lot of protection has come from that.  One of the scriptures that has helped the most is Heleman 5:12 "And now remember remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation, that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and mighty storms shall beat upon you,  he shall have no power over you, to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless woe, because of the rock upon which ye are build, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." I hope that's right haha but the message is very important.  As long as we are building our foundation on Christ, through good works, praying, studying the scriptures, keeping the commandments, turning someone's frown upside down, serving others, all of the filth that the world throws on us will have no effect on us. The devil can have no power over someone who uses their agency to choose light and right rather than darkness and wrong.


Well I love you all and hope you had a great Easter and have a great week! Cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad because you have chosen to.  B-ray and A-train, now you guys know a little bit how all the teams you guys faced feel everytime you play them.  Sometimes the lessons we learn from defeat help us build character and sportsmanship that will help out in other aspects of your life.  But I already know you guys are going to tear it up this week!  Dad I'm still praying for ya during this incredibly fun time of the year that goes under the title of tax season!  And Mom, I just love ya lots! Remember, with Christ as our rock the devil will have NO power! Love you guys!

Elder T Trizzledizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment