In other words these two elder will be reassigned to the new Fort Collins Mission in July. Looks like Elder T. will remain a Denver North Missionary.
...Much love from Hidden Lake!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLE ABOUT PAT GOING TO U OF A WITH THE FULL RIDE AND ERYTHANG!!!! Tell him to get at me on the email! Man I'm so stoked for him!! P G triple O G's playing some ball y'all!! Sheesh okay heart attack's over. We're all good to go.
Fam! Thanks for sending the shoes and memory card and tell Ashley, Meghan, Lozo, and Aubree thanks for the letters that came with the package! It's always good to hear from the homie-esses back home! This week flew by but there were some pretty remarkable things that went on. First and foremost, I received a call last night from Elder McCullough. President Toombs had interviewed S. and N. for baptism and check it: They're gettin baptized this Saturday!!! They want me to baptize one of them with McCullough baptizing the other so I'm greatly looking forward to this Saturday. It's just neat to see people who I've worked with for about 5 months reach the point where they want to take upon them the name of Christ and enter into that enormous covenant blessing.
Likewise, I don't know if I've mentioned to you yet but B. is set for June 29th to be baptized. She has been out of town and will be unil the last week of June so there's another great great great great joy. Man, this work is just legit. Parker and I are emailing back and forth right now asking each other how everything's going and what the updates are and it's pretty clear that we are living the dream right now. Things with the comp are fantastic. With Elder Schmitt living about 15 minutes away back home we have a lot to talk about and we get along sooooo great. I've definitely been hooked up with great companions.
Anyways I want to share a neat experience with you from this past week. We went to teach R. N. on Thursday afternoon. When we showed up her mother A. was sitting on the couch watching some tv show. Right when she saw us she kinda scoffed a little and started to walk out but before she could get completely away from us we asked her how she was doing, her day, etc., etc. Small talk. And then we invited her to sit in and listen as we talked about the gospel with her daughter. Haha right off the bat she got a little sassafrass attitude H-Bizzle-Bizzle-Banks style and said "Oh I'll sit in alright because dis my house but don't you think you're going to try changing me. I'm Catholic and will always be Catholic and if you think imma be a Mormon then you go ahead walk out the door right now so you don't waste your time!" I was like --'woah, that had a little heat on it'.
Anyways we responded and said something to the effect of "Ania Ania Ania Ania. We're not here to change you. We're here so you can change yourself. To give you what you need so you have the opportunity to be happy 2.4.7." So for the first fifteen minutes she was playin on her phone seemingly paying zippo hippo attention. 25 minutes into it she put the phone down and picked up the Book of Mormon and started flippin through it. 35 minutes in she began to follow along with the scriptures and even read a verse or two. 45 minutes in it was a wrap. She was participating, telling her daughter this is what she needs, going over her own experiences and the troubles and then asked us to come back next week so we can do another "bible study" and have dinner. Hahah it's was amazing to see the progression as the Spirit worked on her and softened her heart to the point where she had a "change of heart" that is so often mentioned in the scriptures.
It's like when Ammon was helping out the Lamanites in Alma 23:6 "And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy" and "the power of God working miracles in them..." It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures: Moroni 7:29 "...My beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay, neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." Which segues perfectly into Alma 13:24, "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive His word at the time of His coming in his glory." And that, among all of the many lessons I learned this week, might have been the biggest. I know that April has been prepared to have her heart softened when she heard the truthfulness of the restored Gospel. That miracle did happen. Along the same lines with the hastening of the work and everything going on towards that end --we should expect miracles. We should expect the Lord to place people in our paths so that we can be an angel to them and help prepare then to "receive his word." Think about someone who you can be that angel too. Think about the miracles that you can be part of and then go through with the actual fun part of the whole operation and do it! Like I said before. I absolutely love what I'm doing!
Elder Traasdahl
A few pics sent in from Elder Traasdahl's last area in Arvada
The wonderful Dien's with the Elders.



No comments:
Post a Comment