FAMMMM!! It's Schmitty Schmitt and Traazydaaz bringing the noise, much love from hidden lake... So DAD! I really hope you had a great Father's Day! I thought about ya a lot yesterday and came to the conclusion that God hooked A-Train, PT Cruiser, B-rizzle, Mamma Bear Traaz, and myself up! I don't have very much time so i'm going to tom cruise as much as I can in this.
S. and N. were baptized on Saturday!! It was one of those promised highest of highs on the mission. It was back in Arvada, and President Toombs hooked it up so I was able to go and participate in it. It was great to see my ward fam out there, and the missionaries serving in that area. I had the opportunity to baptize N. and Elder McCullough had S. It was so cool taking the picture before the ordinance because that was the picture that I was hoping and praying for the previous months with these two because I know how happy it'd make them and how much clarity and peace it'd bring to their lives. Anyways, it was just fantastic, the Spirit was tangible.
Smiles were everywhere and laughs in the Arvada Colorado Stakecenter that day! As I was writing the experience down in my journal I felt bucket loads of gratitude as I pondered what just happened to this family. They are members of Christ's church now. They will learn and grow in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the only way or path that lasting peace and joy are found. They will have a support system. They will have the Book of Mormon as a foundation to grow in their faith in Christ. Their kids will be raised in a Christ centered home, which I've come to realize is the only way that there can be a sanctuary or a place of safety to reside and to escape the wickedness that's every to the where. Ultimately, they will have the opportunity and blessing of going to the Temple to be sealed to their family for FOREVER AND EVER. The only "till death do you part" will be the seperation from the nasty people and unpleasant struggles of living in a world the adversary uses as a playground. As I thought, I was led to 3 Nephi 27. This is Jesus talking about his mission and atoning sacrifice. Vs 14. "And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be liften up by the Father...- vs 15. And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefor, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me..." Later on Christ says in vs 20-21 "Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye end of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sancitfied by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day." Over the past few months I have had the priviledge of standing as a representative as our Savior. To "draw men unto" Him so that they can be "lifted up" themselves as they obey God's commands. S. and N. have come unto Christ. They have felt His influence in their life, the strength He freely gives, the comfort he sends, and the pains He mends. They have been "sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost" and now know what is feels like to "stand spotless" before their Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. You have no idea how incredible it is to watch people change! To find out and come to realize for themselves that they CAN change! Can I hear a couple hoo rah's!!?
Okay times up. My week was great. I am great. I'm living the life and loving livin the life. I know it's all true now whatchya gonna do. Haha I used that as a tracting approach. Alright fam know that I love ya, pray for ya, and talk about ya lots! Holla at the boys back home for me and send them some love from their main man.
Till next week fam!,
Elder T Traasdahl
Well, either Elder Traasdahl's camera is really really broken (it fell one to many times on p-day) or he's about to get translated...
This was a happy happy day! Baptism in Arvada, Co. So awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment