Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Soooo good to talk...


Look -- no more snow...  and practically no more hair.
Someone got a hair cut...

Arvada Coast Choppas




Fam!!!!!! It was soooo goood to talk to you guys last night!!!!! It's was hard to say goodbye because it was soo good to hear your guys' voices! It's so good to have such an incredible family like you guys supporting Parker and I and speaking of which Park!  You sound so good man!  It looks like you are tearing it up over there!  Way to hold OKC down for the fam man!  

Work wise this week we have worked, or tried to work a ton with less actives.  It's been interesting to me to see how dead on Parker hit it last week with how important home teaching is.  It made me think about the word "minister" this last week and what that means exactly.  Of course the fundamental answers: to serve, to love, to home teach, etc., come to mind but at least for me I've found that it can be summed up into just one simple concept. "To be a friend."  It might come across as 'oh duhhh'  but for real, I think it is a pretty good answer. When I do my studies my thoughts go to the Savior pretty quick to look at His example.  He was a friend to everybody He came across, even those who abused and reviled against Him and ultimitaley did everything in there power to kill Him. In the Doctrine and Covenants the Savior calls the Prophet Joseph and the other apostles 'friends' after calling them servants and his brethren.  And to apply that to real life that's exactly how we make friends. We serve them, act like a brother to them and over time become their friend.  Throughout the scriptures there's an underlying theme of always helping others.  Serving.  

Oh and hey I got interviewed for Justserve this last week! The city of arvada was interviewing volunteers, and after the approval came it was lights, camera, action from there!  I found out that I get super awkward on camera so I don't think I'll have a career in the showbiz.  Haha, so that's to fill you in on what I learned this past week. I'm feeling a little sick so I apologize that this one is short!  I need to get back and take some medicine real quick.  But fam just know that I love you all more than I can express.  My journal entry was wayyyyyy long last night trying to express my thoughts after talking to you guys. Sheeesh, I love y'all! 

There is nothing better than serving the Lord.  Have a great week fam, love ya!

The career path he chooses not to take...


No comments:

Post a Comment