Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, May 6, 2013

Nothing is more fulfilling...


Ohhhhh it's a beautifullllll morninggggggg!!! Golf was great this morning. I'm back baby!!!! But fam!!! What's good in the Traazydaazy hood?! Pops and A-train I'm glad you guys had good birthdays!  Hope you enjoyed the gifts and letters.  B-ray.  I heard you kept fighting even though you guys were down kind of a lot in your football game. THAT IS HUGE! Don't ever let yourself keep yourself from going all out during a game. You never know when it might be your last play so make the most out of all the plays!

And mom my allergies are soooooooooo great. I'm definitely being blessed with great health out here.  The weather is gorgeous out here! Partly overcast, cool breezes, flowers and trees blooming.  It's definitely short sleeve weather and mom and pops can you look in my closet and see if there are any short sleeve shirts in there?  If so, can you send them to me?  I have two out here and one of them wrinkles the second I put it on. Looking like a scrub out here. Haha but let me update you on the week and the work going on over here. 

S. and N. are sheduled to be baptized this Saturday but as of right now it's looking like we are going to wait until next week.  The reasons being, we have had a couple of appointments cancel with them in which we were going to go over the interview questions and really make sure they are converted.  They weren't cancelled for bad reasons though.  Both of them have a grandparent in the hospital that aren't doing so hot, actually it's not looking very good at all.  They were at the hospital both times.  They are progressing very well and I don't foresee any problems over the next week that will prevent them from being baptized. Other than that all of our investigators aren't progressing and have been dropped as a result besides B., who is going strong and doing great.  So we spent a lot of time trying to find this week. Doors on doors on doors on doors on doors. We knocked a lot of them and have a couple potnentials as a result but nothing too solid just yet. 

This week we are going through every single less active in the ward to try to find that way.  We spent some time this week as well trying to find and plan how we can be used most effectively in the work of the Lord in the way that He wants it.  We're still working towards that end but we have a foundation to go off of so we should figure it out here pretty soon.  So I'm sorry to report, nothing too exciting happened this week.  I learned a lot though.

I have found a studying technique that I'm using with my studies has been very fulfilling.  I'm learning sooooooo much in the scriptures!  My memorizing is getting easier and easier so I'm pretty pumped about that.  I really like the scripture I read this morning.  Moroni 9:6. "And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently.  For if we should cease to labor we shall be brought under condemnation. For we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all rightousness and rest our souls in the kingdom of God."  I love it because it is just another witnessing scripture that shows we are on this earth for a reason, and we have a job to do.  I know that we have been prepared for the assigments that we have (Doctrine and Covenants 138:56).  I think it is sooooo incredible that we are living now, in this historic time in not only the history of the world, but more importantly the history of God's work. The work is hastening.  And with the hastening we should expect miracles.  We should expect more and more revelation as we work to recognize the promptings of the Spirit.  

Sometimes we can get down and discouraged when we look out into the world and see wickedness all around us but we can look at that same scene and see it for what it is.  A GREAT opportunity to share our convictions, do the work of the Lord, and be blessed beyond our ability for our efforts.  I don't mean to ramble on but it's just amazing to me to think about what is really going on around us! With everything going on down here with the work of the Lord, just imagine what's going on Upstairs!  As I stand on the doorstep of various people, coming from all walks of life, I learn the power of bearing testimony.  President Monson says,"Remember, regarding one's testimony, that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which one selfishly keeps he loses.... Teach and testify. There is no better combination." It's sooo true!  That is how we invite the Spirit into the lives of others, by bearing testimony, whether it be through words or actions, our example or declarations.  I'm living the dream out here baby!  

I can't wait to talk to you guys on Sunday!  It'ssss theeeee finnnallll countdownnnnnn!! Daaa da da daa daaa daaaa! 6 more days baby! Get your questions ready because I know I'm not very good at responding to all of them during email.  

Nothing is more fulfilling than being a desciple of Christ and doing His work. Absolutely nothing. 

Well fambam I love you all! I hope you have a great week and enjoy making memories! Love,
Elder T TrAaSdAhL


How missionaries do Dead Lifts -- in their world it's called Service.


No comments:

Post a Comment