- What in the hood is good fam?! Great to hear from you as always. It's seriously one of my favorite times of the week, hearing how you all are doing! So chickiddy check check it out- Sorry I didn't email yesterday. I was in the middle of transfers and getting my new companion... Straight out of the MTC again... Haha. I found out Saturday night that I'm followin my twinner's footsteps and I'm the new DL for our district and I'm training again. Yipee kai yay.... Haha I'm playing, I'm pumped!! Elder Wengreen went to Greeley aka the "p-u" zone as in smelliest part of the mish. Haha serves him right! I'm playing, but it was sad to see him go. I had a couple proud father moments as he met his new companion. My little guy's all grown up now. My new comp is Elder McCullough from Snowflake, Arizona so y'all ready know we're holdin Zona down! He's prettty pretty tight. Ready to work hard and he talks a lot which is awesome. I'm stoked for this transfer because we have a great district and our zone is 'legit sauce'! (like I how threw that in B-ray?) So I'll be with him for the next two transfers, 3 months still here in the Arvada 1st ward. The work is continuing to grow and pick up. We're at the point where the snow ball has rolled down the mountain at a slower speed, picking up more snow along the way and it's about to go like 50 times faster and become and big ole avalanche or something. One of the investigators with a baptism date for March 23rd, Josh, got evicted from his apartment so we lost contact with him. It's so sad because he was really progressing and it was incredible to watch him as time went by, to witness the change that comes from only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh and I got to go to the temple for the first time on my mish this last week! It was incredible. I got to go on the departing trip with a few of my boys that went before going home yesterday. That was pretty neat. I'm just pumped to be able to go whenever I want back home. It's hard out here because we are only allowed to go once every 6 months so it's always a treat when our trip comes up! It's going to be sweet going with all of the boys when we all get back and also going with you guys whenever we can. It was hard to stay motivated this last week because Wenny knew he was leaving and wasn't really into working all that much. So of course in my studies I get called out. Haha the topic of diligence came up as I read Moroni 9:6 which says "...Let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor we should be brought under the condemnation, for we have a labor to perform..." It's funny how the scriptures are kinda equivilent to our best friend in the sense that when we aren't doing what we are supposed to be doing or if we aren't doing exactly what we should be doing then our friend is there to help call us out lovingly so we become better. So I wrote down as my goal for this transfer to "become the essence of diligent." Haha it's gonna happen baby! B-rizzle thanks for the play by play update of your basketball game man! Keep me posted with all that business especially keep me posted on how coach Aust and coach P G Tripple O G Pat are doing with coaching you guys up. Now if they slack then feel free to let me know and I'll get in their ear a little bit! Go Remember the Titans coach Boone on them! Aust thanks for sending the bands! I haven't gotten them yet and they weren't at the mission office so I should be getting them soon! Real quick. I'm up 14 pounds. 209. All I'm saying is good thing I'm going to miss summertime before I get back cause homeboy here is NOT taking his shirt off! Flabbadabba. Not good but ay I'm on a mish, who cares. Alright my fam I love you all. I should have some good stories about some investigators next time because we are teaching a couple tonight and we are going to find a few more. Actually we are going to find 3 new investigators this week. Believe that! I'll follow up with you on that next week. Well I love you all. Keep the faith. Keep it real.
- Doubt not. Fear not.
- Elder Traazydaazydaazy
Called to Serve in the Colorado Denver North Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Welcome:
As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Snow Ball Theory and Missionary Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment