Helping out with a 5K and 10K Run
Time for Dinner
To quote Austin's intro to his email this week, "We again cybernetically gather once again this week to reflect and enlighten one another with our past week full of experiences." Haha man you make me laugh. Fam! How are you all? Mom that was a fun email to get. I wrote you a letter today and it's already in the mail box with the flag up ready to go so you should be getting that in a few days! B-rizzle! How was school man?! I can just see you out there walking the halls like a b to the oss runnin things. Mom sent a pic of you and Z playing ball. You're a stud man. Keep it up so I can get courtside tickets when you play for the Suns! And hey now hey now hey now dad!! Check you out man. Next thing I know I'll be shopping for groceries on pday and see you all up on the men's fitness front cover! Park keep doing you man. You're a studdd.
Okay so this will probably be a little shorter because we are going to the Denver Zoo today and need to hit the road in a little to make it there with enough time to enjoy all of the animals. I'm going to wrestle an elephant. This week was absolutley wonderful. We had probably our most solid investigator R., come to church with his 4 year old son S. He enjoyed it and is moving along very smoothly.
Elder Schmitt and I talked about fellowshipping and member missionary work in sacrament meeting. It went pretty good but I still want to be better at speaking in front of large groups of people. I think too often I think about how I'm going to look or what people will think of me rather than what the Lord wants me to say. So from now on I'm just going to be myself, seek the Lord's will, pray for the Spirit and give it a go!
We had some sweet experiences with being led by the Spirit this last week. We come across a lot of people throughout the day and it's funny because once we spot someone we get the whole "welp, now we're accountable!" mentality. Haha talk about motivatoin to act! So we would go up to people and start to talk to them, ya know, ya dribble and ya shoot, ya hope for the best! There's a lady we found named G. who the sisters in our ward are going to teach but our experience with her was particularly powerful. We just said a prayer with her and asked the Savior's peace and blessings to be with her and closed in the name of Jesus Christ. When we said amen and looked up she had tears coming down her face. It's a fact and a half that the Spirit is real. He is there to bring us peace when we have our Heavenly Father's approval and to prompt us to do things that will enable us to have that approval. He's the real deal though.
Transfers are next week and I have this feeling that I'm going to be going but we find out Saturday night so you'll know by next week. Alright well go time has come. Really quickly I've been reading the book "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen. It's a short little one but fam, get a copy for each of you and one for Park and send it to him because the principles that we learn in that book open our persepctive and enlighten our minds. Or at least it has for me. "For as a man thinketh, so is he." I've implemented that this past week and although it's been a huge work in progress I have already seen my confidence, my self esteem, my comfort, my success, my joy, my peace improve. It's a wonderful thing.
Fam, I just want to end with a part of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. "He (the Savior) died to make men holy, let us live to make men free." Seize those opportunities to help our family, friends, aquaintances, and strangers each day! Love ya fam! Let me know what I can do anything for you or anyone back home. There's no better feeling than sacrificing our will to align it with God's. Love ya!!!!
Elder Tyler Traasdahl


No comments:
Post a Comment