Welcome:

As you read this blog you will walk week by week with Elder Traasdahl as he takes one step at a time to teach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and testify that in addition to the Bible, The Book of Mormon is a Second Witness of Christ. Enjoy the journey of this LDS missionary through his first hand experience and through the eyes of his family and his twin missionary brother.


Monday, February 11, 2013

Life is still Fantastic



Bum chigga chigga one two three,  my name is Elda T. 
chigga bum whatch ya'll about to see is the life and rhymes of a missionar-e!!! 

My fam! How's everybody doing?  Aust, I got your email.  Also B-ray mom told me you were able to go to the temple to do baptisms!! That's awesome man!  Get a group of bros together and try to go every other week!  Dad mom told me you looked like a snapping turtle this week when you got sick with all the swelling.  Hahaha must've looked good! 


This week was one of those bummer weeks with a cherry on top.  I'll explain.  I can't remember if I told you last week but over the past two weeks we went from having 6 investigators, a couple with baptism dates for later this month, to zippo hippo.  This whole week we were out knocking the doors down and sometimes blowing them down like the big bad wolf with our huffin and puffin.  We would find people who would seem interested and invite us back but who would dip out on us when they told us to come back.  So that was pretty disappointing and nothing really came from it until this weekend.  We were tracting in some apartments that are pretty run down. After a couple hours of no success we decided to go to one last floor and on that floor we had some awesome experiences. 


We met a Russian family. Ashult, Nina and their 5 or 6 year old son Mark. Like they're straight out of Russia. Nina moved here four years ago and Ashult actually came from Ukraine two years ago.  We had a great conversation on the doorstep and we are going back to teach them tonight. I really enjoyed talking to them because they just seem so pure, if that makes sense.  They are just pretty much the essence of awesome.  We also found a guy named Patrick who we are teaching this Thursday when he gets back from a ski trip as well as a mom named Sarah and her son Sean later this weekend.  And then to top it off we went through some former investigators and set up appointments with two of them, one of which has a baptism date now for March 16th!  So like I said the beginning of the week was a huge bummer but we got one big ole cherry on top from this weekend!   


We also had our trainers follow up meeting this week as well and I got to go back into the land of my birth- FoCo! It was way fun because I got to see all my homies from the MTC and from Fort Collins there.  Basically it was just one big spiritual party.  But hey dad I was thinking a lot about your letter and the thoughts of positive thinking you sent me.  First off, it helped a whole lot throughout the past couple of weeks and secondly here's some thoughts that I came up with during my studies the other day with that. I think about the faith that I have to have as a missionary in God's army right now and how crucial that is to hastening the work here in Arvada.  I found a scripture that talks about the relationship between hope and faith.  It's Moroni 7: 40-41 and it basically says "how in the world are you going to have faith and then grow in it if you don't first start with hope?"  And I loved the connection you made with the effects of positive thinking in 2 Nephi 31:20 - hope, love, and a desire to be steadfast.  I then thought about how I can be an effective missionary with this faith that comes from hope and how it qualifies me to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  I then thought about Doctrine and Covenants 4:5 which talks about faith and hope -- essential elements to being qualified to labor in the Lord's vineyard.  And then it led me to the ultimatum found in Doctrine and Covenants 18:19 which says "and if you have not faith, hope, and charity, you can do nothing."  So all in all I pretty much learned that positive thinking = hope with grows into faith which = me being a qualified representative and without positive thinking I "can do nothing."  That's pretty much the run down of it and I'd like to send you my study journal but I still need it because I'm undertaking the task of studying the Character of Christ. Haha yikes. 


So life's still fantastic. By the way I hit my 200 pager in my journal.  Okay okay okay well I love you guys!!  Like a whole whole lot.  Let me know if I can do anything for ya!  And thanks for all you do for me!  Real quick I gotta give a shout out to my boys back home wherever they are, let them know I think about them often and love them!



Elder Traazy Daaz


Here's a poster that caught Elder Traasdah's eye.. and shadow.
This quote is a personal favorite of mine so naturally, I'm glad he liked it too.

"For you see, in the end, It is between you and God,
It never was between you and them anyway."  
Mother T.

No comments:

Post a Comment